• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77gr norma 223 on sale

stello1001

Professional Newb
Minuteman
  • Feb 20, 2017
    Corpus Christi TX
    Hey all,

I just thought I would let you all know. I was just scrolling around and found this sale. I figured I'd share it with the fellow hiders.

At $14.99 it really isn't bad and the brass should be decent for reloading. I got myself 500 rounds of that and 400 rounds of .308 175 grain which is also on sale.

Just trying to help someone out.

Any accuracy or chrono results? Curious how fast it is in a 16" AR

Any accuracy or chrono results? Curious how fast it is in a 16" AR

I literally just placed my order yesterday. Doubt I'll get to shoot it any time soon.

I wouldn’t spend a dime with them after they shafted Prime.

Oh trust me, I prefer prime over this. But prime really isn't doing much these days and Norma has been producing and selling ammo at pre pandemic prices which is getting people out shooting and enjoying the sport.

Just snagged 5K rounds. Cheapest 77g out there from a quality manufacturer.

Wish I could snag 5k rounds like that lol.

But yeah I agree!

Is this anywhere near 1MOA ammo? if it's legit target ammo its a great price

(nothing against OP for posting up a good deal either way)

Is this anywhere near 1MOA ammo? if it's legit target ammo its a great price

(nothing against OP for posting up a good deal either way)

I shoot RUAG Ammotec loaded with a 77SMK out of my 223 and it is stupid accurate. I've never chrono'd it but it's sub moa.

Supposedly norma and ammotec are the same so I'm hoping this norma stuff shoots good.

The below linked is what i currently have and shoot.

Reactions: deersniper
    I ordered 500 rnds to try of the 223 77gr.
    The 308 175 was out of stock.
    Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
    Reactions: stello1001
    Bought 200 rounds of 77 SMK and 300 rounds of 55 gr. which I think is of either Swiss or German mfg. and I hope will be of pretty high quality.

Bought 200 rounds of 77 SMK and 300 rounds of 55 gr. which I think is of either Swiss or German mfg. and I hope will be of pretty high quality.
    In the past I've seen Norma 223Rem boxes marked "made in USA".

I ordered 200 of the && SMK as well.

Had to cancel my order as they will only ship to an FFL in NY.

Last edited:
    I tried some in my DD MK12, was 1.25-1.5 10 round groups. Some Magtech 77 I've had around was 1-1.25 10 rounds. I haven't had a chance to try it in my LMT 20" 5R which has hand loads .5-.75. For a semi and even at 1.5" at 15 per isn't bad. Getting tired of reloading. The MK12 is new so it's not really "broke in" yet.

Reactions: deersniper
    Yeah, just says HP. But if it groups like SMK and runs like SMK then for $0.75/rd I’ll live without them calling it SMK.
    Great price for the times and the Golden Target line doesn’t suck or anything. I have a fair bit of 5.56 pressure stuff, but I’m tempted to pick some of this up. Folks just gotta stop assuming it’s loaded with a Sierra MatchKing because it’s 77gr HPBT projectile.

Reactions: TheHorta
    I bought 240 rounds but debating on buying more. I've never shot any before. Hope my AI likes it

In the past I've seen Norma 223Rem boxes marked "made in USA".
    Website says "made in Germany in close cooperation with RUAG's defense and law enforcement division", so I'll take them at their word. Also have some MEN 56gr. ammo which I know is German. Molon has tested this ammo (MEN) and was getting 10 shot groups that averaged approximately 1.3 MOA. I can never seem to duplicate his results - but that's attributable to shooter error, not the ammo. If I can get anything under 2 MOA out of the Norma I'll be more than happy, since at .47 per round I consider this as an alternative to my regular plinking ammo.

Reactions: Milf Dots
    It shoots well out of my bolt and Gasser. I doubt anyone will regret buying any of this. Just look back in time and always remember “buy more ammo”!

Attachments

• 6C47418F-4707-42A2-9A7B-0ECD1D0DF128.jpeg
      6C47418F-4707-42A2-9A7B-0ECD1D0DF128.jpeg
      652.1 KB · Views: 256
    Frontier 75gr is priced the same. Uses the hornady 75gr bullet and the chrono videos I watched puts it a couple hundred feet per second faster than the norma stuff. The norma stuff was avg 2450fps out of a 16” vs 2700 fps. Has anyone shot any of this?

How is this vs other 77gr. I want something to run through a mk18 upper but mk262 mod 1c doesn’t seem very available, haven’t heard much for GMM and others from a 10.3”

Frontier 75gr is priced the same. Uses the hornady 75gr bullet and the chrono videos I watched puts it a couple hundred feet per second faster than the norma stuff. The norma stuff was avg 2450fps out of a 16” vs 2700 fps. Has anyone shot any of this?
    Except Frontier sucks and makes guns explode and uses cheap brass.

Well hell.
    My frontier cases were no longer good after one firing and they shot like shit to boot. Worst mistake I’ve made in a long time thinking I could break in the ar and then have good lc brass to load after. Half wouldn’t hold a primer for a second firing and all of them were uncomfortably loose.

Reactions: Jack's Dad
    I think Frontier powder is very temp unstable. I'm not a reloader but some subjective feedback I've had about a few blowups in AR's plus my own experience with noticeably different firing of frontier cases left to soak in a hot chamber tells me that's the case. Any case will heat soak but the Frontier stuff seemed to be exceptionally bad in comparison to any other ammo I've used through a toasty AR. I ordered a bunch of the Norma .223 and their lead-free .22lr options.

Reactions: stello1001

Frontier is garbage.

IMI Razorcore remains the king of bulk priced match ammo. It’s damn near as good as black hills.

It's worth your while to subscribe to Norma's mailing list. There are sales of one type or another about every week or so.

Also, if you sign up for mailing list there is a one time 5% off coupon.

Also all orders above a certain amount are free shipping.

I have ordered 9mm, 38 special, 22lr and also some 223 and 308 which I haven't gotten around to shooting yet.
    I was tempted to get some of that 77gr 223 or 175gr 308 but decided to wait for the next month/sale/go around.

Last edited:
    It's worth your while to subscribe to Norma's mailing list. There are sales of one type or another about every week or so.

Also, 1st time buyers can get a one time 10% off coupon.

Also all orders above a certain amount are free shipping.

I have ordered 9mm, 38 SP, 22 and also some 223 and 308 I haven't gotten around to shooting yet. I was tempted to get some of that 77gr 223 or 175gr 308 but decided to wait for the next month/sale/go around.
    How often do the 168’s and 175’s go on sale?

How often do the 168’s and 175’s go on sale?
    It varies.

5/5, Cinco de Mayo, sale was 5% off anything and another 5% off orders with 5+ boxes
    5/12 Ammo Bundle sales with 2 boxes of training/1 box defense for pistol calibers
    5/13 Free shipping on all $49+ orders

.38 Special - 158 Gr - FMJ - Norma Range & Training - QTY 50 was back in stock @$25, so I got 10 boxes.
    Previously there was only the .38 Special defense ammo available, I am still waiting to see .357 training in stock.

5/19 Armed Forces Day, 5.56 62gr $26/50, 7.62x39 $10/20, .223 55gr $14.50/30, 308 147gr 37/50
    5/27 Pre-Memorial Day, 223 55gr $14/30, 308 147gr 37/50, 308 150gr hunting $15/20
    5/31 Memorial Day, both were on sale.
    Previously, there was a sale on the Hunting ammo.

May was a lot of sales activity, usually I think every couple weeks a promo is normal. The Memorial 30% off was a big discount.

At this rate I am half expecting a D-Day sale. Definitely a 4th of July sale.

Last edited:
    Website says "made in Germany in close cooperation with RUAG's defense and law enforcement division", so I'll take them at their word. Also have some MEN 56gr. ammo which I know is German. Molon has tested this ammo (MEN) and was getting 10 shot groups that averaged approximately 1.3 MOA. I can never seem to duplicate his results - but that's attributable to shooter error, not the ammo. If I can get anything under 2 MOA out of the Norma I'll be more than happy, since at .47 per round I consider this as an alternative to my regular plinking ammo.
    DLO was talking about Norma ammo on his (subscription) site. He said NORMA 5.56x45T stamped brass was Thun (Swiss) plant.
    Looking at my box of 62gr SS109 I don't see a T. I don't see any indication of country of origin on the box.

The box of Golden Target Match 175gr 308 says Made in Sweden

Last edited:
    Just snagged 5K rounds. Cheapest 77g out there from a quality manufacturer.
    Buddy got his recent order. How many individual cases did they ship you or are you getting a palletized freight shipment, too? 🤣

• Haha
    Buddy got his recent order. How many individual cases did they ship you or are you getting a palletized freight shipment, too? 🤣
    Just barely got my ship notice earlier today. Looks like it’s coming FedEx Ground from Savannah, GA arriving Saturday.

Perfect timing. Will run some compared to RazorCore and Magtech MK clone.

And today's sale at Norma (with free shipping on orders over $50) BOGO 9mm 115gr @17, get 22lr 40gr free.

A little peeved I bought both 124gr and 22LR recently from their sketchy sister shop and the current BOGO would have been a much better price, though I don’t need either.