• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

77gr norma 223 on sale

My 77gr ammo was supposed to be delivered today. No joy.

The 77-gr stuff is slower than advertised. This is out of my 18" SPR. However, it's 1-moa accurate and clean burning.

IMG_20220424_140636896_HDR.jpg

FedEx disappeared most of my ammo. Norma shipped it by slapping labels on the 200rd cases, just one showed up.

I have had good luck with the 175 grain 308 out of my TRG and ordered some of this 77 gr to try.

Definitely subscribe to their emails there is a sale at least once a month.

Mine sat in GA for a couple days then after leaving there was at my door in two days after leaving that distribution center.

It came very nicely packaged and one of the boxes of ammo had a white ribbon tied around it to make it easier to pull the first box of ammo out of the case. Nice touch.

Once I see how it shoots will probably order more.

Reactions: ma smith
I've shot this in the past when I was searching for something to supplement IMI Razorcore. (try to keep my IMI inventory up)

It grouped well for me, but was slow. Sorry, didn't chrono it, just remember it had more drop when shooting it at distance compared to IMI.

Here is the back of the box and Normas’s table.

Attachments

• BA5E5620-E45C-4A32-9126-AE9911BA04C9.jpeg
    BA5E5620-E45C-4A32-9126-AE9911BA04C9.jpeg
    439.2 KB · Views: 89
Shot 69 grain and 77 grain from my AIAT with 7tw Muller barrel. Longer free bore for heavier bullets. ES was a little high, and the ammo is a bit slow, but it shoots good

Attachments

• DDC0D174-9E52-47D8-B4AE-5CBCE588900C.jpeg
    DDC0D174-9E52-47D8-B4AE-5CBCE588900C.jpeg
    397.4 KB · Views: 111
Shot 69 grain and 77 grain from my AIAT with 7tw Muller barrel. Longer free bore for heavier bullets. ES was a little high, and the ammo is a bit slow, but it shoots good
Thanks for the post. It Def. Looks usable for training, which I think is of interest to many people.

6 creed just seems available and less expensive than imagined. Is it a barrel burner though?

Really hoping this stuff shoots since I’m about to buy a bunch at this price !

Reactions: dms416
Just snagged 500. $400 shipped ain't bad for 500 rounds of good ammo. Beats the $1+ of IMI 77gr Razor Core.

This is probably the same spacs as the original run of Prime 77gr 223. Its a little slow, but shot stupid well from all my AR's. One of my 10.3 builds did about a ¾" 5-shot group at 50y with an oooollldddd style Trijicon ACOG 1x24 reflex amber dot. We'll see how it do in my custom profile done-did Bartlein Wylde 14.5.

Plus, it's Norma brass, so it'll be good for a few of my AA2520/77gr loads.

AND they had that 🔥 ludicrous-speed fragmenting 22LR in stock. Rabbits 🐇 stand no chance. Bunny and coyote stew on the menu when I get back from Iraq.

Only suppressed, because we don't wanna upset the neighbors 😏😏

Anyone knows who makes their 77 grain bullets? Are they SMK or made by Norma? Thx

Norma Sweden doesn’t produce a 77 grain .224 bullet. According to parent company RUAG Ammotec, the 77 grain offering with RUAG product number 8091005 is in fact the Sierra HPBT, i.e. Match King #9377.

See: https://www.ruagammotec.se/norma-15750-223-rem-5077-sierra-hpbt

Weirdly enough, Norma does not list this product on their website, at least not in the locales I bothered to check.

If I had to guess, I would say this is a Norma branded RWS product.

Last edited:
Reactions: anginaprinzmetal
Norma Sweden doesn’t produce a 77 grain .224 bullet. According to parent company RUAG Ammotec, the 77 grain offering with RUAG product number 8091005 is in fact the Sierra HPBT, i.e. Match King #9377.

See: https://www.ruagammotec.se/norma-15750-223-rem-5077-sierra-hpbt

Weirdly enough, Norma does not list this product on their website, at least not in the locales I bothered to check.

If I had to guess, I would say this is a Norma branded RWS product.
If that’s so: https://rws-ammunition.com/en/produ...cartridges/rws-target-elite-plus-223-rem-5-0g

Reactions: blisters
They're showing their 175gr .308 Match as being on sale and in-stock right now with free shipping.

I've seen certain cartridges at certain periods of time be a little soft but that's an impossible question to answer given how many cartridges they make brass for over decades of time. Some may be, some may not be.... only one way to tell
Agree, I felt it was soft. Too much time in the SS tumbler removed most of the headstamp. All good I used them to make .20 practicals.