• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7lb 5oz Ti 375 H$H Satterlee M98

Satterlee

Private
Minuteman
Jul 16, 2019
Ti receiver, Ti bottom metal, drop design 4+1 capacity. Signature British Express style stock in Carbon. K&P cut rifled barrel 22" in length. Fitted quarter rib. NECG fiber optic sights, front banded ramp a barrel banded sling swivel. Tungsten cera-kote.
Integral picatinny bases, appeal to a wide array of scope rings.
Internally, it's full on M98 in every way down to the smallest detail, like all the other actions I've built in CM, Stainless and Ti.
Thought you guys might like to see it.
IMG_20200815_1718133_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1715566_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1716389_rewind.jpg
IMG_20200815_1233307_rewind.jpg

Wow... that there is neeeearly my dream action!!

I prefer the old BRNO ZG-47 safety and Win 70 trigger.

But other then that, what a piece of beautiful machining!!

Wow... that there is neeeearly my dream action!!

I prefer the old BRNO ZG-47 safety and Win 70 trigger.

But other then that, what a piece of beautiful machining!!

This photo shows the trigger design on the Satterlee M98 actions that i make. This concept takes the M-70 concept and applies it to the Mauser. Satterlee actions are Mauser 98 clones. Why? I always thought the M-70 trigger was a very good trigger for a hunting rifle, simple rugged two piece architecture.
IMG_1026.JPG

Ditto on the beautiful work comments! Also, are you sourcing the stock from elsewhere or are you making that, too?

The stocks are produced locally here in South Dakota (Rapid City) for me.
I made the pattern and inlet mandrel for the production of the stock. I engineered it specifically for my Satterlee Arms M98 action in the drop box 4+1 configuration.
The person who actually does the layup works independently and produces for me with my tooling in his shop.
Some on the design:
The design is a British design known as express style, open grip, pancake style cheek piece 1-1/8 drop at the heel relative to bore line, no cast off or on, straight in that regard. This design handles very well for rapid target acquisition in close quarters thick brush etc.

No doubt some real time and effort went into the stock design. Thanks for sharing. The lines immediately caught my eye.

Cool rifle, but at 7lb a H&H 375 is going to kick like a mule, Why, when every time I have hunted Africa there is a black to carry your rifle if you want. If the tool is for coastal browns then maybe it makes more sense.

Reactions: WT1
What hunt did you plan to put this rifle to work on?

I'm not the one that will be hunting with this rifle. The man I built it for had his hunt on Kodiak cancelled by the virus, from what understand he's rebooked the hunt.

It'll work on the bears as well as any game as far as that goes.
The recoil on this rifle really is not as bad as you think, the stock design along with a generous recoil pad and the muzzle break tames it to a less than scary level.

I have a whitworth 375 h&h and I have never weighed it, I’d guess it to be about a 9lb rifle and about all I can stand is 4 rounds, it took me several range trips to zero the scope.. it’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is very accurate and will literally take down anything walking on this planet.

Yeah, I'm aware you can pay people to carry things for you. That wasn't the part of the comment I was taking issue with.

Back on track. That is a mean-ass looking rifle and I dig it!

Getting back to the business at hand. That is some of the nicest work I have seen. To say this is the finest example of craftsmanship is quite an understatement. If I had the money, I would take two but with heavy, steel barrels.

I have a whitworth 375 h&h and I have never weighed it, I’d guess it to be about a 9lb rifle and about all I can stand is 4 rounds, it took me several range trips to zero the scope.. it’s definitely not for the faint of heart, but it is very accurate and will literally take down anything walking on this planet.
They say if you use sticks or a tripod it is easier to zero big game rifles since you are standing up and that's the way you are going to shoot it in the first place and it is easier to address the recoil from that position.

Reactions: Parkerized 1
They say if you use sticks or a tripod it is easier to zero big game rifles since you are standing up and that's the way you are going to shoot it in the first place and it is easier to address the recoil from that position.
I’ve shot it standing and on a bench, it’s pretty brutal both ways but definitely standing leaning forward with one leg forward and having proper stance is manageable but still 4-5 shots and your pretty well waiting ammo.

I shot the rifle enough to vett it prior to shipping.

On a sale of 1 to 10 it's a solid 6.5 in terms of felt recoil.

A 10.5 pound 500 Jeffery tossing 535gr solids at 2350 gets a good solid 8 in my recoil index.
This 375 is set up with a 1-1/8 think Kick ease pad, if I recall correctly it's the 500 model, pretty nice I guess, it feels really good at point of ignition and the break takes the edge off the rest.
Of course we all realize when used for it's intended purpose this rifle will be carried far more than it gets fired at game, it might see Africa but chances are slim. The client is really into hunting bear, not many of those on the dark continent.
There's been more interest in this model for me primarily in 458 lott and 404 Jeffery, and again...people looking for absolute hammers for use on bear.

I shot the rifle enough to vett it prior to shipping.

On a sale of 1 to 10 it's a solid 6.5 in terms of felt recoil.

A 10.5 pound 500 Jeffery tossing 535gr solids at 2350 gets a good solid 8 in my recoil index.
This 375 is set up with a 1-1/8 think Kick ease pad, if I recall correctly it's the 500 model, pretty nice I guess, it feels really good at point of ignition and the break takes the edge off the rest.
Of course we all realize when used for it's intended purpose this rifle will be carried far more than it gets fired at game, it might see Africa but chances are slim. The client is really into hunting bear, not many of those on the dark continent.
There's been more interest in this model for me primarily in 458 lott and 404 Jeffery, and again...people looking for absolute hammers for use on bear.
Those actions are a pretty sight!

Well what's a 10?!?
As far as conventional shoulder fired sporting type rifles that are not fired from a bipod typically.
I give a 10 to a rifle I built a dozen years ago in 585 GMA Express. As I recall the load I filed the irons for was a 640 grain solid at 2400 fps.
As I recall shooting from sticks a flash of white light, retina shock, followed by shooting stars going off in my peripheral, I give that rifle in that caliber a good solid 10 on the 1 thru 10 recoil scale.
It was kind of funny really, as I was setting up for my 1st shot there where a couple onlookers,...rough filing the rear sight would have looking thru the bore and filing to cut down on rounds fired....finally I was ready. Got the sticks under the rifle, lined up on my 50 yard bull and squeezed, both eyes open, watching, and the bullet goes thru the target pretty close to the bull, but what was interesting is that 640 grain solid unearthed a rock from under the lush green sod of this quaint lovely range and launched it 8 to 10 feet into the air and probably an additional 30 yards down range, an impressive sight that I'll never forget.

The only rifle besides that one that made me cringe was my buddies BOHICA 50 BMG. That rifle had an attitude problem but at least it weighed 25lbs and had a big huge break on its barrel. The spooky thing about the BOHICA,.....squeeze the trigger on a live round and it just goes click......hmmmm.......should I open the bolt or not, later a heavier hammer and stronger hammer spring cured it.

Beautiful action Stuart.

Last edited:
It would be more appropriate to ask which world I live in. I live in the real world , not Utopian fantasy world. If facts hurt your feelings and get your panties in a bunch I suggest you stay close to your mother's breast. Sometimes the English language is lacking, Mexican word of the day "Mamon".

I think the words you're looking for are puto y cabron

Come on girls, you’re both pretty. Let’s not ruin this nice thread with you dingleberries falling all over yourselves trying to defend casual, systematic racism.

Show me on the doll where the black tranny touched you.