• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Gunsmithing 7mm-300WSM Short Action Reamer

Quack303Head

Private
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2011
Aurora CO
It's been next to impossible to obtain 7wsm brass so I've decided to 7-300wsm. Does anyone have a reamer they would be willing to loan me or sell?

I've only been able to find 270 so nicking up then nicking down to creat false shoulder is very time consuming. Rather run through a die and shoot.

I know a guy that will sell you a reamer.
His name is Dave Kiff phone number 541-826-5808
Honestly probably gonna be your easiest solution if you are wanting to do the work yourself.

I know a guy that will sell you a reamer.

If you can wait a few months... Which would be faster, new reamer or new brass?

I wonder if you could just run a 7wsm reamer in a little short? Reamers tend to have extra long necks on them, and the WSM doesn't have much taper. You have to check measurements but it might work. Worst case you have to trim necks back a little, right?

Kiff will have your reamer shipped in 48 hours for an extra $100.

Grizzly has a 7-300wsm reamer in stock, though I believe it'll provide too much free bore for a short action, if you're looking to reach the lands while feeding from the magazine.

I think [MENTION=22280]bohem[/MENTION] has a 7-300wsm reamer, though I don't know if it is "for" a short action. I also don't know if he'd be interested in loaning/renting it out.

I think running a reamer in short comes with complications, due to diametral differences between case and chamber at the bottom of the body. I've not tried it, but have read it is a good way to get the dreaded "bolt click". If you try it anyway, I've got a .319" necking reamer you can borrow (so you wouldnt have to trim the shit out of your brass) if you put a 100% deposit down.

Last edited:
Turbo is correct that I have one, but it loads 162 Amax @ 3.150" when they're 0.020 off the lands and the 180 Hybrids are closer to 3.18 or 3.20 IIRC, definitely a long action setup.

I'm also particular about whom I lend cutting tools to, but the point is rather moot since it won't do what the OP wants it to do.

You need to run about 0.010" -0.020" of Freebore to keep the 162's in a mag @ 2.940 OAL.

How long would you like wait ? I have one on the shelf it has a .318 nk and a .188 fb and we can shorten it if needed . Other wise a custom can be had in 48 hours or regular delivery is 2-6 weeks on this one. Grizzly has some on the shelf also if you have something to purchase from them . Shiraz orders reamers every week to stock his Shelf's . Thanks Dave

...and we can shorten it if needed.

Huh, I found a 30cal version of a reamer I wanted in 7mm on your web site and I was told on the phone that you guys will not regrind reamers you have in stock; so I placed a regular 8 week order. I guess I should have asked here :) Thanks for posting.

We shorten freebores on reamers we have on the shelf but we don't regrind our stocked reamers to special sizes , it takes to much time . We have a specials page with all sorts of reamers for 45 bucks and up and we definitely don't rework them as it takes less money in man hours to make a new one . The reamers on the specials page are priced for clearance , we also have bolts and bottom metal on clearance from time to time .