• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 7mm Creedmoor

@Hondo1 , did you ever do anything on your sr25 mag project? I'm also wondering what else could be feasible with a Fix and/or sr25 magazines.
No I just stayed with 6.5 Creedmoor, more than a few mule deer and elk have fallen to it, it’s working great for me. Just have to endure the manbun jokes.

Are you doing that out of AR-10/sr-25 mags or AI mags? I'm wondering what the most is that can be eked out of a sr-25 mag with a 16-18" barrel.
AICS mags. i have the .150 FB chamber, the SAW2. pushing back .100 shouldnt make much of a difference

im only at 42.4gr varget so should have 2 grains to go if i really wanted to push hard

subtract 25fps per inch. 27" to 18" - 225fps. 2625fps give or take with a 162/168

Man I run a 16.5” barrel in 308 with 208 amax and get around 2400fps with rl17

I shoot my 7mm-08 a lot and love it
I always had ideas of doing a AI on it to squeeze a bit more velocity out of the 162 ELDXs
My hottest load with Varget is just shy of 2800 FPS...So some of this is very interesting!
2800 out of a Creedmoor case seems like I missed out on something somewhere?
Icengs 7mm LR has really got my attention...I need to know MORE!

Any more news on the 7cm?

Hearing rumblings about using CFE 223 and 151 PVA Cayugas getting 2900 fps from a 26" barrel. Messing with those numbers has me very interested. Would like to hear if anyone else had luck using CFE 223.

Any more news on the 7cm?

Hearing rumblings about using CFE 223 and 151 PVA Cayugas getting 2900 fps from a 26" barrel. Messing with those numbers has me very interested. Would like to hear if anyone else had luck using CFE 223.
2900 from a 151 should be doable. i'd guess my 7SAW pushes them north of 3000

does anyone actually own a 7CM considering we already have 7-08/AI and 7SAW both with lapua brass

The whole reason behind me starting this post back when I did was trying to get a 7mm to work in a SR25 magazine. I had a FIX at the time. If using AICS mags or dbm the SAW makes a lot more since.

The whole reason behind me starting this post back when I did was trying to get a 7mm to work in a SR25 magazine. I had a FIX at the time. If using AICS mags or dbm the SAW makes a lot more since.
That is what brought me here. I have a Fix and the 7cm is very interesting. Did anything ever come of it?

2900 from a 151 should be doable. i'd guess my 7SAW pushes them north of 3000

does anyone actually own a 7CM considering we already have 7-08/AI and 7SAW both with lapua brass
Dont forget 7-super LR !

I have been running one for about 3 years. Several thousand rounds down the tube. I love the round. Super easy load development. And always consistent. 162 eldm @ 2820fps, ain't no slouch. Wish someone made brass, but not that big of a deal.
Care to share data on load? Just finished mine

At 22”, is a 150 class the better choice?
depends on your needs. does 2700s with a 160 class do it for you? or do you want to be mid 2800s with a 150 class? several options for solids in the 150 area too. i'd guess (not counting coppers) that there isn't too drastic of a difference between the two for drop/wind/energy

Reactions: hseII
depends on your needs. does 2700s with a 160 class do it for you? or do you want to be mid 2800s with a 150 class? several options for solids in the 150 area too. i'd guess (not counting coppers) that there isn't too drastic of a difference between the two for drop/wind/energy
I’m shooting 150ELDXs out of a 22” 7mm-08 @ 2800-2815. I just don’t see stepping to a 162ELDX & even considering a modified 7mm-08 case,( SAW, or the other one above), I don’t see the modifications being worth the hassle. I’d like for it to be but I just don’t see it being worth it personally.