• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Dakota

djtjr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 1, 2009
New York
Hey guys does anyone here have any pet loads for the 7mm Dakota?
thanks
d

Re: 7mm Dakota

Retumbo 71.5grs, cci mag primer and a 190gr vld Matrix bullet getting 2900fps out of a 24.5" barrel, 74.5grs of RL-25, fed215 primer, 180 berger vld 3080 fps.
Now I am working up loads with the new Berger hybrid 180 vld's, I am at 74grs of Retumbo, my speed is 2900fps, Primer is Fed 215 Match, and so far no pressure signs and at 200yards I am getting half moa. Work up to all these loads as they are max or very close to max out of my gun.
Elmer

Thanks elmer I appreciate it and will build up carefully. If you dont mind what twist are you using as mine is a 1 in 9 and the 180/190 could need a bit faster twist?
d

I have a 1 in 8,73 twist, Its a Rockcreek barrel Number 4 contour. I think you will be fine with that twist!
Elmer

70 gr of h4831 and 140 grain accubond fed 215 and will shoot one hole. Best rifle I have ever owned for accuracy. Custom built by James Messar in Sylva NC. He worked up the load before the riflr was shipped. Getting about 3200fps.

thanks guys much appreciated now i just have to find a shellholder for my sinclair priming tool that holds a 404.
d