• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm JLK 168 and 180 grain bullet B.C.'s

338LM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2003
STL Missouri
Has anyone been doing long range load testing with the 7mm JLK 168 (.690 B.C.) and 180 (.735 B.C.) grain bullets to verify if the listed B.C.'s are even close to what is advertised?

Re: 7mm JLK 168 and 180 grain bullet B.C.'s

They are optimistic. They shoot very well, no question, but in all my f-class practice, I see them impacting no higher than a Berger, given the same muzzle velocity.

Re: 7mm JLK 168 and 180 grain bullet B.C.'s

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mark Walker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are optimistic. They shoot very well, no question, but in all my f-class practice, I see them impacting no higher than a Berger, given the same muzzle velocity. </div></div>

What is the farthest distance that you have compared the 180 Berger's and the JLK's?

Thanks for the info guys. I will have to check out Brian Litz's book. Looks like some good ballistics info.