• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm Nosler's new Accubong Longrange: B.C. verified?

Steelhead

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2003
Idaho
Has anyone tried the new Nosler Accubond Longrange bullets? I was messing around with them in ballistic computer models and they have the potential to be very impressive, but I want to know if the stated B.C. can be trusted?

I'm specifically looking at the 7mm 150gr. Accubond Longrange bullets, if anyone has any information they'd like to share.

Thanks!

My box just shipped this morning, and I will be headed to the powder depot next weekend. I will be sure to post results as soon as I get them. As soon as the temperature is higher than 15.

Just finished my first test with the 150gr ABLR's. According to my balistic calculator and my new 610 yard dope, the B.C. is accurate as advertised! Input my chrono speed from 100 yard zero, atmospheric conditions, and range into balistic AE, and hit 2" high and 2" left at 610. That's as good as it gets for me behind the trigger.

That's good news. I've got a couple hundred I haven't loaded up yet. What powder and velocity?

I am starting out with some IMR4350 because I have it on the shelf, and powder is still tough to find in this area at times. Shooting 24" factory Thompson barrel in 7MM Rem Mag. 63 grains of 4350 loaded .02" off the lands gave me 3050fps. That's the max load on the Nolser web site, however I show no signs of pressure yet.

Wow. Nosler really nailed it! A .88 i7 form factor on a tangent ogive 7mm bullet. Incredible.

A quick review of the Litz book indicates that if indeed the Nosler 168 ABLR has a .652 BC, it has the best form factor of ANY bullet Bryan has tested.

Plus, its a hunting bullet optimized for terminal performance too!

Just ran a couple numbers on JBM. The difference between .652 and .600 at 600 yards with a muzzle velocity of ~3000fps is 2".

Last edited:
I saw a box placed in a picture, as a prop, in one of my gun rags and was like WTF?

It was in the .7s, IIRC and I hadn't heard of them, so I Googled.

Like Hornady and Lapua before them, I'd take the numbers with a grain of salt.

Chris

Got out again today finally. Got to stretch the legs on those 150gr'ers. Plugged in my data to BalisticAE and rang steel on my first shot at 1000 yds. It's a 60% silhouette, put one right in the middle.