• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm PRC questions

tjonh2001

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2007
ND
Sounds like no one is selling just brass. Have been looking for factory 7mm prc loaded rounds to fire than start reloading. Hopefully will find some soon. In mean time I’m putting together my reloading components. Trying to figure out what range of bushings to purchase.

My question is does anyone have 7mm prc brass, can anyone let me know the neck thickness.

I don’t have any brass, but scored some boxes of the 180gr eldm’s from Sportsman’s guide yesterday. Just a heads up. It’s popping up in places sporadically

I'm getting approximately .014" with a ball micrometer. This is a sample of one though. Loaded 175 is .3125.

Ammo is out there, I was able to grab some 175 eldx and some 180 eldm recently. Targetsportsusa and SGAMMO both had the 180.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrevK
All 7mm components are tight and tough to get, if you reload there is no difference between, 7 WSM, 7 saum, 7 rem mag, 7 LRM, 7 Sherman , etc.

Shoot whatever brass you can get…..I don’t think anybody wants Hornady brass

I'm reloading my 7 prc with a .311 bushing the 180 eldm ammo measured .313 loaded for me

I'm considering a new build in 7 mm PRC as well. Just curious about twist rate. What's everyone using?

Finally got my headspace gauges and was able to get some rounds down range. First 12 rounds I did the shoot 3 and run a patch down the tube I used hoppes 9. I ran a brush down the tube about 15 passes after the 9 shot. Got a zero I was not super happy with so I went to the range the next day. Shot on the left was the first shot “cold bore cold shooter “ shot 12 rounds through the chronograph then shot some steel at 500 making impacts left edge and not much wind. Shot the group on the right and had to leave after. My question is when did you guys see the barrel speed up and level out what round count? Muzzle velocity is lower than advertised but the spread is not horrible. The group is about .8 I’m not the best shooter in the world but feel like it could be better. Round count is 44. How has Hornady precision hunter worked in your guys rifles?
Rifle specs
Zermatt origin la
Proof 26” sendero prefit
Tt special pro curve
Krg bravo la
Krg magazine “accurate mag”
Pva ultralight shockwave
Spurh
Zco 5-27 mpct 3

Attachments

• 374B139E-5398-42AE-AFF4-9443275F2645.jpeg
    374B139E-5398-42AE-AFF4-9443275F2645.jpeg
    308.4 KB · Views: 68
  • 4F054832-3F9D-40B8-85C5-C3E5F86A917D.jpeg
    4F054832-3F9D-40B8-85C5-C3E5F86A917D.jpeg
    670.1 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:
How has Hornady precision hunter worked in your guys rifles?
Rifle specs
Zermatt origin la
Proof 26” sendero prefit
Tt special pro curve
Krg bravo la
Krg magazine “accurate mag”
Pva ultralight shockwave
Spurh
Zco 5-27 mpct 3
Last couple of groups at the range when I was testing it, I got .26 MOA on one, and .35 MOA on another. One group was 5 shots, another was 3. (Sorry, it was a month or two ago.) This is with Hornady Precision Hunter.

Rifle Specs:

Bat Vampire Action
20 Inch CarbonSix Magnum Barrel
XLR 4 Magnesium Chassis
Zeiss S3 Scope 6 - 36x

Hoping to see some brass available soon, since I just ordered the last remaining other thing I needed, the reloading die.

I'm just getting started with my 7PRC, but I dig it so far. Using factory Hornady 175 ELDXs I'm getting .6MOA groups at 100y and a .4MOA group at 500y. I'll be handloading this once fired brass, so I'm curious what y'all are using for powder in your cases?
Terminus Zeus long action - Proof 29 inch barrel - Grayboe Phoenix 2 stock - TriggerTech diamond.

I'm just getting started with my 7PRC, but I dig it so far. Using factory Hornady 175 ELDXs I'm getting .6MOA groups at 100y and a .4MOA group at 500y. I'll be handloading this once fired brass, so I'm curious what y'all are using for powder in your cases?
Terminus Zeus long action - Proof 29 inch barrel - Grayboe Phoenix 2 stock - TriggerTech diamond.
I'm using retumbo for the heavy 190s. Here is a good article that got me started.

H4831sc. Started with it because of availability. I will not need to change!!
Tell me more! There’s a few pounds on the shelf near me. I’ve got 175’s, 180’s and hopefully 195’s to load in Petersen brass. 4831sc is gtg in 7prc?
I'm using retumbo for the heavy 190s. Here is a good article that got me started.

I have a lb of retumbo left. Any advice on starting points with 175 eld? 22” proof barrel.

Tell me more! There’s a few pounds on the shelf near me. I’ve got 175’s, 180’s and hopefully 195’s to load in Petersen brass. 4831sc is gtg in 7prc?

I have a lb of retumbo left. Any advice on starting points with 175 eld? 22” proof barrel.
I would avoid using anything faster than 7828 SSC with the heavies in any Magnum cartridge. If you can find an 8lbs. jug of H1000 or StaBall HD it would be ideal. If 7977 was still being made, I’d highly recommend that. It’s about ideal for the case size and bullet weights.

For starting points, I’d visit the Hodgdon reloading center website.

Last edited:
Reactions: TX_Punisher
Has anyone use N560 or N565 to load 7 prc? I would prefer H1000 as a starting point but unfortunately it’s unavailable at the moment.