• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing 7MM Rem Mag & 168 Berger

Re: 7MM Rem Mag & 168 Berger

Been thinking about moving up to the 160ish gr bullets for the 7mm RM also, so I would also be interested in input.

I shot 2 last year with 180gr berger. They now reside in my freezer, well what is left that I haven't already eaten. One droped in its tracks @ 300 yards and one ran about 20 yards that was shot at 278 yards.

We shot 2 coues whitetail this year at 380yrds with the 168 berger. Both bullets exited and the deer droped right there. The MV was 2680fps out of a 280IA.

Impressive video. I think I am just going to have to try the Bergers and see.

Someone on another link just said they have green boxes of bergers that are for hunting and yellow boxes which are for target. I have yellow boxes, but will try them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gei</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Someone on another link just said they have green boxes of bergers that are for hunting and yellow boxes which are for target. I have yellow boxes, but will try them. </div></div>
The hunting I have are in orange box's.

The blaze orange colour box is hunting bullets by berger. I found this out by the manufacturer

Anyone shooting tactical with their 7mm mag, if so what kind of barrel life (round count) are you seeing with reasonable pressure reloads.

Thanks

Yes, The newer hunting bullets are in orange boxes but I have quite a few of the older yellow boxes that are marked hunting as well so just a heads up that berger did label thier yellow boxes for hunting before changing the box color to orange. I do believe also that the jacket thickness is different between the match and hunting bullets as well from an email I got back from Walt Berger.

I shoot them in my 280 AI and 7mm RM but havent shot game with it yet though. Hoping to do so very soon.