• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7MM RM 140gr hunting vld IMR4350 load?

KHill3611

Private
Minuteman
Dec 22, 2011
Bossier City, LA.
Has anyone loaded this combo. I'm still working on the best seating depth. In the berger reloading manual a 62 gr. load is max but I have read of others loading over 66 gr.
Looking for a accurate load and any help is appreciated.

i think the reloading manuals may list the max amount lower than it really is just for liability reasons but definitely use caution when loading above the listed max. for me i just stay under, i haven't needed to load a round that hot to have accuracy.

I know this is a different bullet and bearing surface but my 7 mag loves 140 gr nosler bal. tip w/ 65 gr. IMR 4350 @ 3250 fps.

Right now I'm shooting the 168 hunting vld @ 3000 into 1 hole with 65 gr. of R22

Tanks for the responses, I've down to 1/2" moa at 64 gr. .005 of the lands. I'm going to bump it up tomorrow, I'll report back.

7 mm Rem case weight and capacity varies between case brands.
Chambers, bullet diameter, barrel specs in 7mm are not consistent .
This will change the maximum loads a LOT.

I have used 140 Nosler partition and 140 Sierra flat base with 66.5 gr IMR -4350
in Winchester brass with CCI-250 primers.
The bullets were loaded at twenty five thousands off the lands at 3.320 " c.o.l.

That Ruger rifle has a maximum chamber with a large neck.
In this rifle this is MAX with good case life.

Glenn

Last edited: