• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7mm sendero bullet

Re: 7mm sendero bullet

Can you be more open ended please?
Try not to give so much information when you ask a question.

168 Gr Sierra matchking
139 gr Hornady Interbond or SST (Almost same BC as .308 168 SMK)
162 gr AMAX
Berger 168 and 180
Speer 145 gr match

and more.

For 500 - 600 yards, I'd look at the 139 - 150 class bullets, you can reduce velocities to 2600 - 2700 FPS, extend barrel life and shoulder life. These bullets have pretty darn high BC's and you don't have to push them at magnum velocities. Save the big powder charges for 800 - 1200 yards.

7mm Rem Mag, 168 gr Berger hunting VLD's at just under 3000 fps in 24" barrel. They group in raqged holes on paper,and they're one shot show stoppers on game. You can't beat em!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fdkay</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to Sierra the 175 SMK's require a 1-8.5 twist. </div></div>

They're shorter than the 180 Berger VLD, which I stabilize no problem from my 9 twist in a 7mm/270

The 9.25 may or may not stabilize the 180's. In the summer it might, especially at altitude, it's worth a try. If they don't stabilize drop to the 168 Berger or 162 Amax.