• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 7mm vs coyotes

BallisticsMonkey

Private
Minuteman
Jan 24, 2014
Billings, MT
shot these two critters with the 7MM mag. 140 grain spitzers. the good looking yote, we called in with a fox pro. 160 yard shot to the chest dropped him, no exit wound. The second we jumped. 250ish yard shot running straight away, popped him in the back of the head.

coyotes.jpg

Bullets do strange things. I shot a Badger once with a 25-06 and it didnt exit either.

CBM, you ever picked one of those turds up, solid as rock.
Working the methane fields, I had one burrow under one of my huts, well I'll room with a bunny and a black widow or two, but not a badger or a rattler. I rigged a water line and flooded the little prick out.
!0 feet away, him facing me, propped up on his hind legs in the hole, it took 6 shots directly in the neck, good shots, from 617 S&W 22 to dispatch him. I bet he weighed 30 lbs.

Last edited:
The bullet entered the chest, straight on, and probably stopped somewhere near his butt. That's all assumption since I sold the carcass to the fur-buyer. However, I did shoot my whitetail with that same rifle, and I recovered the bullet just under the skin on the opposite side of the deer.
whitetail.jpg