• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7mm WSM

springle

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2008
Mountain View, MO
Anybody built a 7 WSM on a short action and used the berger 180 VLDs or the 162 A-maxes? My gunsmith recommends a long action to get the bullets out far enough. Any input would helpful.

Re: 7mm WSM

I load 162AMAX into the lands from my GAP built Surgeon SA fed from a Wyatt's mag box @ 2.875" c.o.a.l...

That'll do ya good, just have him chamber for 2.90" touching the lands and load about .10"-.15" into the lands. When getting the mag system from Glen ask him to measure the mags to be sure yours will fit. I am sure he would be willing. Make sure the action is opened up enough for this system. If it is a custom action, some places may do this for you when ordering. The 7WSM is very tight with a short action using 180s. Doesn't work with most SA setups when mag feeding.

f.w.i.w...
I load the 180s to 2.910" & they feed reliably from the Wyatt's...

An internal Wyatt's extended Magazine box & Badger M4 bottom metal under a Surgeon SA Repeater...

I would like to use AI mags if possible. That will probably mean a long action as I don't think they ill fit in a 308 size mag.

I would like to use AI mags if possible. That will probably mean a long action as I don't think they ill fit in a 308 size mag.

AI mags, Rem or WIn actions, You can shoot 180s all day long from modified mags. Just throat accordingly.