• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

7RM OCW: Any input?

SavageLapua

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Alberta, Canada
I did an OCW test a couple of weeks ago, I'm leaning towards the 68.7gr neck of the woods. Just wondering if I'm on the right track.

Rifle:
7mm Rem Mag
Rem 700 Sendero

Load:
180gr Berger Hybrid
Retumbo
CCI150
Nosler Brass
0.015" Jump

Distance: 100y

675_zps41a906b8.jpg

679_zps2a8cbd2b.jpg

683_zps3aaa2d11.jpg

687_zpsd784789e.jpg

691_zps9923b5a2.jpg

695_zpseebb8b05.jpg

Thanks,

SL

Thanks, I agree that 67.9 has a nice lack of vertical. But when doing an OCW test and interpreting the results, aren't you supposed to look for a relationship between different charge weights and choose the mid point of that trend?

Maybe I'll try playing with the 67.9 load... It does look very promising.

SL

man... I might just shoot again if i was you. If you are trying to utilize the OCW method, you really need some consistent result, otherwise you might as well just do it the old farm hand way and load up a bunch of shells and just use what happened to group the tightest that day.

68.7 looks pretty good as well. Theres 3 groups with similar poi. What I would do is load a couple foulers then load 3 with 68.7 with your .015 jump, 3@ .030, [email protected] and [email protected]. Itll suck up tight. I recently load tested a 300win mag and ocw groups were big. Like 1" anyways I picked the charge I wanted to use and did the next step which I mentioned above. Only difference is I started with .030 jump. Shot charges round robin watch the 1" group shrink to .6 and to .5 on the 90 jump