• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7SAUM 162 AMAX

25MAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2010
New Jersey
is anyone shooting 162 AMAX out of their 7SAUM? I looked in the loading depot under 7mm's and didn't find much, and did a search with very little results.

I am looking to start load development with the 162s and H4831sc with the fed 210M primers and was looking for some other results I could feed off of or look to trying.

If you have some info and willing to share I would appreciate it.

I am only looking to push them at 2940 so not looking for them to be flying at 3100 fps haha

Thanks

Re: 7SAUM 162 AMAX

I push the 180's at 2925 with 61 gr of H4831sc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shiredude</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I push the 180's at 2925 with 61 gr of H4831sc.
</div></div>

I push 180s 3014 with 60.2 grns of H4831 hahaha....thank you but looking for 162 loads

Thanks Turbo!

I guess by the overwhelming response I am being told to just stick with the 180s?? jaja

i had good luck with h1000 and 162 amax 2950 easy
mine also shot really well with the 190 matrix at 2750

I have been looking at the 162's because they are more affordable than the 180 Hybrids. I was planning on keeping them under 3,100 fps.

My 7 WSM on a surgeon short action topped out around 65.5 grains of 4831sc. If I were loading for a saum set up the same way, I'd start some where around 59 or 60 grains and expect pressure somewhere between 63 and 64.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OKbow87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 7 WSM on a surgeon short action topped out around 65.5 grains of 4831sc. If I were loading for a saum set up the same way, I'd start some where around 59 or 60 grains and expect pressure somewhere between 63 and 64. </div></div>

Thank you!

Yes I acyually started load development for the 162s and H4831sc and at 58grns I am runnning at around 2900 fps..I will be going back out with 59-60 grains which should put me right were I want to be.

Thanks for the info.

What are your rifle specs?

I have been throwing around the idea of going to a 7 saum instead of a 7 wsm to help with fitting it in the short action easier.

I am currently tearing my 7 wsm down to rebuild it lighter. I mostly use it for hunting, and lugging around a 18 pound set up just isn't that fun.
Right now I am running a fully adjustable A5, surgeon bottom metal, with a 27" mtu contour plus badger thruster break.
I am going to a non adjustable T2 and fluted heavy palma with the same break, and switching to seekins wsm bottom metal to get a touch more room. Hoping to cut quite a bit of weight with the new set up and end up around 14 to 15 lbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OKbow87</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are your rifle specs?

I have been throwing around the idea of going to a 7 saum instead of a 7 wsm to help with fitting it in the short action easier.

I am currently tearing my 7 wsm down to rebuild it lighter. I mostly use it for hunting, and lugging around a 18 pound set up just isn't that fun.
Right now I am running a fully adjustable A5, surgeon bottom metal, with a 27" mtu contour plus badger thruster break.
I am going to a non adjustable T2 and fluted heavy palma with the same break, and switching to seekins wsm bottom metal to get a touch more room. Hoping to cut quite a bit of weight with the new set up and end up around 14 to 15 lbs. </div></div>

I built mine on a long action.

26 inch Krieger
remmy action- long action
Surgeon bottom metal
jewel trigger
Fully Adjustable A5 with the T.Cross cheek piece.
Kampfeld break...looks just like te thruster.