• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

7WSM LOAD DATA

NRF

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 12, 2010
CORNHUSKER
I am looking for some good starting load data I am shooting 180 Bergers between 64 and 68 grains of RL25 .015 jamming .010 jamming .010 jumping with CCI LM primers and am having the same groups from .380 to .600 at 100 yards I am getting some Extreme spreads though the cronograph from 7FPS to 20 FPS.

Should I try the rounds with close extreme spreads at longer yardages, I've heard some of the guys say they are not getting accurate groups at close yardage but when they step back to 300 to 600 it balances out and the groups tighten up.

If you are trying the same combinations any thoughts and comments would greatly help.
Or let me know what is working for you as I am still working on loads, I'm thinking about trying 4831 or different primers? Thanks

Re: 7WSM LOAD DATA

About 800 rounds ago, I started with H1000 and 168 VLD's. The combination has been so good that I haven't had any urge to try other things....

Check both. I prefer load develop at 300+ RL25 will give you decent accuracy. At least that is what I have found in my testing. You can run more powder if you are after speed. I have since switched to 4831SC as it give me better accuracy, without loosing too much in velocity. And if you are going to jump the Bergers, it can be jumped a lot. Last time I measured I was jumping mine .140 or so and that was many rounds ago and it was shooting well under half MOA.

Try Winchester large magnum primmers and H4831SC or Retumbo with the 180VLDs. I prefer retumbo. I used to seat them about .020" into the lands. Now my barrel is burnt is so burnt out I can't get them to the lands and have a huge jump. Accuracy was still ok. Couldn't tell you what it was, I wasn't to worried since I know I need a new barrel. Now just to get the thing ordered and put on.

57.0 grs of IMR4831 and I am getting 2850 with 180 Bergers out of a 24" barrel. Amazingly, I could never get the 168's to shoot. 180's shoot super! Go figure.

Thanks for the info. guys

I am going to try shooting some more of the rounds off the lands .020 to .100 and see if the E.S. S.D gets closer and I'm going to try a 300 to 400 yard zero and check grouping there I've heard the 180 will tame down and straighten out at longer ranges I will let you know how this turns out.

I'm still going to try some groups with RE25 so many others are making this work I'm sure I can.

If I don't like the E.S. I will try other powder.

I am also going to switch up the primers to see if this changes things as well.

Thanks again let me know if you come up with anything else.

RL-25 was my go to load when i lived in Houston...with H1000 as my back up. WhenI moved to Las VEgas, RL-25 had pressure spikes in the summer, and I switched ot H100 and never looked back. I have a seoncd rifle that like H4831SC, so its also a possible powder for you to use.

Do your load development as far as you can...but in windy conditions it will eat you up. I use 400 meters here in Las Vegas, because of the wind.

JeffVN