• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

8 inch or 8.5 inch 5.56 barrel

joemusso

The Brass annealer
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Oct 14, 2011
    Henderson, NV.
    is there anyone that makes a 8 inch or 8.5 inch 5.56 barrel.

i have searched and cant find one.

thank you
    joe

LWRC makes an 8 1/2
    Noveske used to not sure if they still do a 7 1/2 diplomat

seekins is 8 inches
    i cant find a LWRC barrel.

i think i will go with the seekins i have a seekins upper and lower so it will complement the rifle perfectly.

thank you guys.
    joe

8 inch or 8.5 inch 5.56 barrel

Most suppressor are not to be used with less than 10.3" due to increase muzzlel pressure. On some it will void the warranty.

Last edited:
    I built a 7.5" 5.56mm SBR as a test gun for our drug task force. The purpose was for a vehicle-borne operations carbine. It was basically a worthless project that created nothing but headaches. Literally. The pressure from the muzzle was tremendous and gave people sinus headaches. Ballistically, the only load that worked out of it was the 45gr TSX.
    If you want a super short SBR, it would be ideal to use a caliber that is better suited to lower velocities like the .300BLK or 6.8SPC. The Federal XM68GD 90gr BJSP was specifically designed for the 8.5" barrel LWRC Six8 UCIW.

[MENTION=59046]joemusso[/MENTION] - I'd strongly urge you to reconsider your decision to invest time and money into a carbine with a pistol length gas system. This will turn out to be nothing but a headache for you. 99% of these builds never run right. Reliability first, features second...