• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

80% lower receivers

MrMarty51

Private
Minuteman
Dec 9, 2009
Miles City,Montana
Has anyone ever messed with the 80% lower receivers ???
Pros and cons, I`m thinking about maybe getting a couple of them and trying them out.
One site was advertising polymar lowers too, said to just remove the white, no real special machining tools necessary.
One thing I see is there is no FFL required, just goes through the shipping as a homemade project or something.

80% Lower Receiver Information | Tactical Machining

Last edited:
If you don't have a milling machine or other similar equipment, I'd recommend checking out cncguns.com and purchase and use one of his jigs to complete them. He's put together a set of pre-made jigs that allow you to drill all the appropriate holes and remove the material you'll need to remove.

--Wintermute

If you don't have a milling machine or other similar equipment, I'd recommend checking out cncguns.com and purchase and use one of his jigs to complete them. He's put together a set of pre-made jigs that allow you to drill all the appropriate holes and remove the material you'll need to remove.

--Wintermute

Ok, i`ll do that, check it out that is. Have to wait for the ship to roll in before I can make another purchase.

I have done several. I have access to a machine shop though. I have seen some pretty bad hack jobs done too. No FFL or transfer needed because there is NO SALE of a Firearm. You buy a chunk of Aluminum and Manufacture your own Firearm for Personal use.

I have done several. I have access to a machine shop though. I have seen some pretty bad hack jobs done too. No FFL or transfer needed because there is NO SALE of a Firearm. You buy a chunk of Aluminum and Manufacture your own Firearm for Personal use.

Yeah, there was a place by me that provided the lower and the machinery to make them. And I've heard you can create your own personalized SN to put on the gun and have a shop register it to you.

Yeah, there was a place by me that provided the lower and the machinery to make them. And I've heard you can create your own personalized SN to put on the gun and have a shop register it to you.

Why would you want it serialized and registered? One of the great points of making your own is that you don't have to have a serial or anything else (unless you are manufacturing an NFA item).

--Wintermute

No serial # required by law. And long guns are not registered in CA...... yet