• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

80% lower

ironman56

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 18, 2020
I bought a AR 9 80% lower from 80%arms thinking the drill press jig I have would work with it ,wrong should have read the details, anyway after trying the fit up on the lower I noticed that the side plate on the right side just needs to be milled a little in 3 places and it will work , better than paying 345.00 bucks for a new jig.

Attachments

• 20220910_103828.jpg
    20220910_103828.jpg
    367.5 KB · Views: 66
I bought a AR 9 80% lower from 80%arms thinking the drill press jig I have would work with it ,wrong should have read the details, anyway after trying the fit up on the lower I noticed that the side plate on the right side just needs to be milled a little in 3 places and it will work , better than paying 345.00 bucks for a new jig.
I did he exact same thing. It works fine. If you are using a drill press take the time to level the press, make sure the chuck and bit are as close to straight up and down as possible, then shim the table with folded paper. It is worth the time. Good luck.

Also, did your lower come with the buffer retainer pin hole? Mine didn't and I need to put one in....

Edit to add, I didn't mill my side plate, I used a big file. But clearing to fit one way or another will work.

I did he exact same thing. It works fine. If you are using a drill press take the time to level the press, make sure the chuck and bit are as close to straight up and down as possible, then shim the table with folded paper. It is worth the time. Good luck.

Also, did your lower come with the buffer retainer pin hole? Mine didn't and I need to put one in....

Edit to add, I didn't mill my side plate, I used a big file. But clearing to fit one way or another will work.
Mine has the buffer retainer hole and I'm using a mill to finish the lower , I've done 4 AR15 lowers but this will be my 1st AR 9 lower ,before I realized I could make the jig work I went ahead and ordered a stripped lower from PSA , so now I guess I'll have to build one more.