• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes $800 to $1K for a new scope for my 270 and LMT 308

snipe10

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 10, 2010
Colorado
I can go $800, maybe $1K for a new hunting scope for my Cooper 270. I live in Colorado so shots can be 300+ yards. There are longer shots but I don't usually take them. I also have a LMT 308 so I was thinking I should look for a scope that will work for both and buy 2 so I'm using the same platform on both rifles, any thoughts?

Re: $800 to $1K for a new scope for my 270 and LMT 308

I have a Meopro coming 4-12X50 BDC for my Remy 600 308. From the ones I have looked through, the glass was super clear. For 550.00 think it will be a winner. Time will tell. Call Chris or Jay at 1-800-720-9625 they take care of hide members.

www.sportoptics.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: coach4christ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vortex viper pst. Great scope for the money. </div></div>

Yep, this would be my vote as well. There is a FFP mil/mil 6-24 for sale right now on this forum for a great price.

you didn't specify any preference in reticle,illumination,SFP or FFP,turret style etc., etc. but you should look at the sightron SIII series,weaver super slam,euro and tactical,bushnell elite 6500 and elite tactical,a few of the IOR hunting and tactical,leupold vx-6 series,meopta meostar r1 series,trijicon accupoint,vortex viper pst series and zeiss conquest line.

if you can't find something there you like,there's no hope for you.

A Sightron SIII in your fav reticle and magnification would be my choice....