• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

81mph Winds and my Trusty 6.5 creedmoore

It met an unfortunate end some years ago. I made the mistake of thinking I could swap to ducted fan stuff too early in my rc career. It was a cheap twin 64mm edf jet, but it would scream. The only “plane” I have left isn’t he hangar is a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. Going to add a “super stol” style plane soon I think though.

It met an unfortunate end some years ago. I made the mistake of thinking I could swap to ducted fan stuff too early in my rc career. It was a cheap twin 64mm edf jet, but it would scream. The only “plane” I have left isn’t he hangar is a Carl Goldberg Super Chipmunk. Going to add a “super stol” style plane soon I think though.
That CG Super Chipmunk is one tough little SOB with the lite ply fuse. I have one that's been crashed and repaired I don't know how many times. Even "landed" it 75' up in a tree top turning final on a field I hadn't flown at before (thought I was inside the tree making the turn). Left it up there overnight, hired a professional tree climber to retrieve it for me the next day. He lowered it down on a rope. If the receiver battery hadn't been dead from being on all night, I could have fired it up and flown it again right then and there.

Reactions: roostercogburn98
That CG Super Chipmunk is one tough little SOB with the lite ply fuse. I have one that's been crashed and repaired I don't know how many times. Even "landed" it 75' up in a tree top turning final on a field I hadn't flown at before (thought I was inside the tree making the turn). Left it up there overnight, hired a professional tree climber to retrieve it for me the next day. He lowered it down on a rope. If the receiver battery hadn't been dead from being on all night, I could have fired it up and flown it again right then and there.
Sadly this one has never flown. I haven’t ran a plane is quite some time. I got into quads and migrated away from planes. I’d like to get back into it some day though

With fully loaded ammo prices so high

and with all the illegals providing so much cheap unskilled labor these days, I just hire one to run the 1000 yards and push my bullet through the target with a hammer.

I stopped missing the target, and stopped shooting other peoples targets @forrestgump01 :D

It's actually cheaper this way

In strong winds I might send two illegals in case one blows away...
You just need a range caddy 😁

Reactions: kenny1773