• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

85gr to 100gr pills with a 264 LBC

dakarhunter

Private
Minuteman
Jun 17, 2014
Pine Valley, ca
Wondering if any of the 264 LBC guys would share to loads for the 85gr sierra varment, 95gr Vmax and 100gr Nosler BT. What powders did you use what COAL did you load to and what your range results were. I have H-335, AA2520, Xterm, and H-322 to work with those loads.

What kind of accuracy do you require. While you can get perfectly acceptable accuracy for most hunting applications, as I understand that chamber is not normally conducive to the projectiles you mention. However, it delivers superb accuracy with the 123gr Amaxs, SMKs, and their like.

I'd suggest a Grendel chamber if you're looking for the most accuracy with those projectiles.

Either way I suggest picking the Grendel Reloading Handbooks that are full of load date. Keep us apprised of your results, please. I'm interested to see how accurate your developed loads will be.

85gr to 100gr pills with a 264 LBC

Oh please why did I know I would here that BS. Any actual 264 lbc shooters on here?
The 264 lbc shots all 6.5 bullets that the Grendel can and with higher velocities the Grendel reloading manual is full of loads for the SAAMI throat that are pretty much
shoved deep into the case mouth. Using those load coals in an 264 lbc May or may not work because the lbc has a .120 throat vs that short double angled crap that kills velocity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a 264LBC and the 95 grain V-max shoots around a half inch using 28 grains Viht-133 seated to 2.210 COL with rem 7 1/2 primers in fire formed Lapua 7.62x39 brass with the necks turned.
The sierra 85 shoots the same with 29.6 grains H-322 in hornady brass seated to 2.135 with fed sr match primers in my 6.5 Grendel.
I've read that the 100 ballistic tip shoots real well with H-322 but I haven't tried them.
H-322 is probably the best powder with 85 to 100 grain bullets.
I've been using Viht -133 since it works so well in .223 and 6mm PPC.
I bought an 8 pound jug several years ago.

Last edited:
At what range are you shooting and in what type of environment? What is your application? Hunting or paper/steel?

Sure, many shooters on here shot .264 LBC/6.5 G, but I haven't seen many shooting light projo's as the application dominating the 6.5 G build is easily one encompassing hunting - which I'm sure you know would be less than attractive using the lighter projos vs the 120-130gr projos mentioned above. Especially so at distance or in high, variable winds. High altitude making those factors even more conclusive.

Any additional info with respect to the above aspects may help the responses you receive be more applicable to your goals...

Oh please why did I know I would here that BS. Any actual 264 lbc shooters on here?
The 264 lbc shots all 6.5 bullets that the Grendel can and with higher velocities the Grendel reloading manual is full of loads for the SAAMI throat that are pretty much
shoved deep into the case mouth. Using those load coals in an 264 lbc May or may not work because the lbc has a .120 throat vs that short double angled crap that kills velocity.

.264 LBC uses a .120" freebore. The SAAMI Grendel chamber is the result of untold testing to handle a wide variety of projectile shapes within close COLs to each other for mag length loading. You simply can't achieve that with a conventional throat leade and freebore. Your COLs will be all over the place across the bullet weight/ogive profile spectrum.

If you want to load for your chamber, find the maximum COL for it, and use 10% lower start loads that are found for Grendel reloading data. There is a lot of it in the above mentioned references.

Not sure why you are calling an appropriate response "BS". What is the actual point of your post if you don't want to accept a logical response to your question?

You seem awfully familiar.

I have a 264LBC and the 95 grain V-max shoots around a half inch using 28 grains Viht-133 seated to 2.210 COL with rem 7 1/2 primers in fire formed Lapua 7.62x39 brass with the necks turned.
The sierra 85 shoots the same with 29.6 grains H-322 in hornady brass seated to 2.135 with fed sr match primers in my 6.5 Grendel.
I've read that the 100 ballistic tip shoots real well with H-322 but I haven't tried them.
H-322 is probably the best powder with 85 to 100 grain bullets.
I've been using Viht -133 since it works so well in .223 and 6mm PPC.
I bought an 8 pound jug several years ago.

Thanks for the info.

.264 LBC uses a .120" freebore. The SAAMI Grendel chamber is the result of untold testing to handle a wide variety of projectile shapes within close COLs to each other for mag length loading. You simply can't achieve that with a conventional throat leade and freebore. Your COLs will be all over the place across the bullet weight/ogive profile spectrum.

If you want to load for your chamber, find the maximum COL for it, and use 10% lower start loads that are found for Grendel reloading data. There is a lot of it in the above mentioned references.

Not sure why you are calling an appropriate response "BS". What is the actual point of your post if you don't want to accept a logical response to your question?

You seem awfully familiar.

When someone asks for help with a 264 LBC its not an invite for the Grendel cult to show up and tell that person how much better the Grendel is. Its called being a troll.

Attachments

• 1350357764.jpg
    1350357764.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 11
Its becoming more and more evident that you were not merely looking for a logical answer based on the limited information you provided, but more so looking to pick an internet fight just for the fun of it. When it comes to all matters 6.5G/264 LBC the man you quoted - LRRPF52 - is the last dude you want to fuck with. He knows his shit. If you're looking to learn something I'd suggest you listen to the man...

Wondering if any of the 264 LBC guys would share to loads for the 85gr sierra varment, 95gr Vmax and 100gr Nosler BT. What powders did you use what COAL did you load to and what your range results were. I have H-335, AA2520, Xterm, and H-322 to work with those loads.

Find the COAL to touch the lands then back off .010". 28gr of 10X with 95 and 100gr bullets is very accurate (1/2 moa)and near max. 29gr H322 and 31gr H335 is near Max.
"They" say the Grendel chamber/throat is better. If you are reloading and setting the bullets where they need to be it doesn't matter what the throat is. I prefer the standard parallel type throats like the 264 has or Arnes original 6.5CSS chamber had for accuracy. There are so many different throat lengths now what works in one barrel may not work in another. Even the Grendel throats that are in spec can vary as much as .137" in length to touch the lands due to the shallow angle of the compound throat.

Find the COAL to touch the lands then back off .010". 28gr of 10X with 95 and 100gr bullets is very accurate (1/2 moa)and near max. 29gr H322 and 31gr H335 is near Max.
"They" say the Grendel chamber/throat is better. If you are reloading and setting the bullets where they need to be it doesn't matter what the throat is. I prefer the standard parallel type throats like the 264 has or Arnes original 6.5CSS chamber had for accuracy. There are so many different throat lengths now what works in one barrel may not work in another. Even the Grendel throats that are in spec can vary as much as .137" in length to touch the lands due to the shallow angle of the compound throat.

So they say but i justed used some 100gr Nos BT loaded to 2.23in with 30.4gr of H335 and they worked well and my max COAL is 2.3in for the 100gr so advice isn't aways the best. I think its kind of like a Weatherby where you don't worry about the long throat and it still shoots well.