• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

90 degree trigger pull - grip too far back

littlepod

Minuteman
  • Oct 16, 2012
    Kirkland, WA
    instagram.com
    My Manners PRS-TCS just arrived after ordering it 6.5 months ago and I noticed that it's difficult to get a 90 degree trigger pull. If I'm doing my proper FoM, then my trigger finger is too far back and angled. If I try to wrap my hand more to get my trigger finger closer, then now I'm not indexing on the pad, but the joint since my hand is so wrapped forward.

I don't have small hands, average, but maybe it's just the course for Manners' stocks. I put 1/4" of foam on the grip and that made it a ton better.

1600181350495.png

Anyone else encounter anything like this?

Thanks!

Happens all the time. You either:

Build the grip up
    Get up on your fingertips
    Use jointed trigger press instead of 90deg
    Use a different stock/chassis

I haven't shot it yet, just checking for feel and comfort dry firing in the backyard. Keeping it pristine in case I'm going to just sell it.

You need to go shoot it then deal with the real problem (if it even exists) instead of agonizing about it while dry firing.

When it comes to grip you need to figure out what works in live fire, then reproduce it in dry fire for both rifles and pistols.. It doesn't work the other way around.

I just modified and built my mpa grip. Literally just screwed it back on the rifle last night. I have the small hands also.

Reactions: littlepod
    From the front of my grip on my rifles, to the trigger, I run at 42mm. From the Manners to the Trigger it's 55mm. I did put some .3" of foam on it to test and it felt really nice. Where I was on trigger, ready pulling in etc naturally.

For someone who seeks to constantly improve I don't think dry firing and dealing with a potential issue that COULD POSSIBLY effect outcomes negatively is unreasonable. The potential downside is not necessarily going to show up as a huge red flag waving. Small things can make a difference over time and distance.

You need to go shoot it then deal with the real problem (if it even exists) instead of agonizing about it while dry firing.

When it comes to grip you need to figure out what works in live fire, then reproduce it in dry fire for both rifles and pistols.. It doesn't work the other way around.

I have a differing opinion. That's like getting into a race car without adjusting the seats and mirrors.

My wife can drive the car after I set the seat back, but she isn't comfortable.

My mantra ia get the rifle to fit you and ditch the less than optimal shooting position that compromises anything.

Now, I understand there are all sorts of reasons not to modify the stock, or any gear. But, if it is gonna be your rifle, make it yours.

That said, it has taken me a while to figure out exactly how to modify my McMillan, but its next on the list of projects.

I have a differing opinion. That's like getting into a race car without adjusting the seats and mirrors.

My wife can drive the car after I set the seat back, but she isn't comfortable.

My mantra ia get the rifle to fit you and ditch the less than optimal shooting position that compromises anything.

Now, I understand there are all sorts of reasons not to modify the stock, or any gear. But, if it is gonna be your rifle, make it yours.

That said, it has taken me a while to figure out exactly how to modify my McMillan, but its next on the list of projects.

More than once I've had to make significant changes to my stock adjustments or handgun grip panels/backstrap because what felt great in dry fire fell apart in live fire.

That's just not my opinion. People who are far better than me taught me that and they are right.

In any case, I'm giving the OP the benefit of my experience. I'm not going to change how I do things because someone disagrees.