• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

917 Bolt Before & After (pics)

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
BEFORE:

BoltBefore.jpg

This isn't my rifle, but that's pretty much exactly what my bolt looked like before

AFTER:

BoltAfter1.jpg

D.D. Ross tactical bolt knob, rear bolt cerakoted, and bolt head polished.

(SORRY CRAPPY PIC):

BoltAfter2.jpg

Re: 917 Bolt Before & After (pics)

Did you do this yourself or have somebody do it for you, thats exactly what i want to do to mine ?

I like that a lot. I love my 917, but that knob is too small for my gorilla hands. Similar to Remington's...

Do it yourself guys, grab a PTG knob for $6 or the anderson knob (also from PTG) for $12, spend another $6 for a die and some epoxy and your dont in about an hour. After the epoxy cures to fill any gaps sand it down to blend, hit it with some krylon and your done.

thats pretty cool. i would like something similar just not as long

Thanks guys. It is a little long, but I love how it functions. I installed it myself. Just put a cutting wheel on my angle grinder, and chopped off the original knob. Then while the metal was still hot, self threaded the new knob right on. Piece of cake.