• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 95 grain V-Max in 6.5 work well on coyote :)

SmokeRolls

Nobody important
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Kentucky
hole going in...tiny
hole going out...priceless
....SmokeRolls
ba5f4e1a.jpg

Reactions: deersniper
Re: 95 grain V-Max in 6.5 work well on coyote :)

Can't wait to tag a groundhog with one out of my 6.5 Brenneke this spring.

Damn, Smoke....that's some serious exit wound! What were you pushing that 95grn with? 6.5-06? Keep busting them open like a watermelon and sharing the pix with us!

Cheers,
Breeze

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Smoke....that's some serious exit wound! What were you pushing that 95grn with? 6.5-06? Keep busting them open like a watermelon and sharing the pix with us!

Cheers,
Breeze</div></div>
6.5 Rem mag
I believe on this load I used 55 grain of H4350 but I don't have it in front of me at this moment. The round looks darn near identical to a 300 WSM except it has a belt and of course the 6.5 bullet.
I love how it shoots and what it will do.
I killed a good sized 150 lb doe with it this past year using a 100 grain tipped Barnes and I wasnt pushing it hard and it still broke out out 2" of ribs going into front of chest, obliterated one lung and imbedded right under skin on opposite side of deer about three feet away from entry point. I was very pleased.
I'm probably going to try 120 grain tipped barnes and bump it a touch faster.
.....SmokeRolls

Way to much needle work to make a decent profit with that one!

Brother man, that has to be one of the most 'sploded yotes ive ever seen. That is just badass! Can't wait to see more destruction.

Breeze

I intend on wacking one with my 300 ultrastoopid as soon as I can shoot the big stuff again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TheSmokeRolls</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Southbreeze</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, Smoke....that's some serious exit wound! What were you pushing that 95grn with? 6.5-06? Keep busting them open like a watermelon and sharing the pix with us!

Cheers,
Breeze</div></div>
6.5 Rem mag
...I'm probably going to try 120 grain tipped barnes and bump it a touch faster.
.....SmokeRolls </div></div>

Smoke, I have often thought of necking down the 7SAUM to 6.5. I still may.
Please keep us informed on your load development, and how Mjolnir performs. (After seeing that 'yote, it truly is the hammer of Thor!!)

Neil

Twist rate on that 6.5 Rem Mag?

Dang, remind me to stay on your good side!