• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report 95 hunting vld vs 95 target vld 6mm

idahoorion

Minuteman
Apr 23, 2013
I have a 243 that loves the hunting 95 grainer, but now I can't find em for the summer chootin season. how similar does the target 95 vld behave, anybody done this ? My gun loves to jump these.

also it's a 9.25 twist savage, I do have a bunch of 105 hybrids for a another gun I can use. will it stabilize them?. 2950fps + 3000 ft altitude.

thanks for the insight!

Idahoorion

I have a 243 that loves the hunting 95 grainer, but now I can't find em for the summer chootin season. how similar does the target 95 vld behave, anybody done this ? My gun loves to jump these.

also it's a 9.25 twist savage, I do have a bunch of 105 hybrids for a another gun I can use. will it stabilize them?. 2950fps + 3000 ft altitude.

thanks for the insight!

Idahoorion

I think you will see very little difference.In the past ,I have measured the bearing surface on hunting vs target vlds . There was enough difference that I would not use them interchangeably in the long range benchrest loads that I was working on,but they shot very similarly.
The 105 hybrid calls for an 8 twist so your 9.25 twist might give you bad surprises at lower altitudes even if it will stabilize at 3000 ft.

JD,

thanks for the reply, I have ordered a few boxes of the 95 target to get me thru the summer so I'll be hoping they shoot similar. I'll get back to ya to confirm thanks
Idahoorion