• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

98B

Great deal on a great rig. I've shot one (not with that glass) and it was very accurate. I think, as a Barrett model, it's just a bit long in the tooth and therefore subject to markdowns.

That's actually pretty damn sexy. Wow.

Too bad its 338 as I have no dies, no brass, nothing to reload for it and its quite a jump from the 308 semi I use.

ETA - Wow just did a rough estimate. Right around 3.54 per round to even reload for it but assuming you get 5 loadings out of the brass it brings it to $2 per.

Last edited:
However you slice it, 338LM is expensive to shoot and recoil and concussion from muzzle break makes for uncomfortable day without a suppressor! Too many other good SA calibers will accomplish about the same distant much more economically and enjoyably.

That's about what I paid for my 98b with no scope.

You can play the "other calibers so -almost- the same thing" game until you work your way down to a 6mm. But you're doing just that.....playing a game.

I have a savage 110ba .338 lapua. Shot the rayners sniper match with it and by the end of the day my shoulder was killing me. As for my hand loads, with 300 Berger otm and h1000 in lapua brass, it's about 2.00 a shot. You can get more than 5 firings on the brass

Too much cost for ammo? You guys are funny. I am loading for my 338 at a buck a pull. Sure that is more than the rest of the calibers I load for but non come close to the performance to the 338lm.

If you can find any match ammo for a buck to $1.25 buy all you can.

98B

What bullet are you using? My Bergers are almost $.90 a pop

Barrett Has more 98b , aka fieldcraft and tactical, are available in different calibers. 6.5 creedmoor, .260REM, .308 of course, and .300winmag. the Barrett MRAD is a more accurate rifle and insider info says that their caliber conversions also include .260rem and 6.5creed but are not up on their website yet.

Its probably because it is short barrel ones, decent price for it but you can find better. These are absolutely badass rifles, for sure. They shoot extremely well but the brakes are not the best, you can put a better brake on and cut recoil considerably.

I handled an MRAD and the craftsmanship was stellar, the machining of the materials was really top notch. I would say above my DTA.

I have no problem shooting my DTA in 338 all day. Got it down to about $1.50 a pop and thats using Lapua brass and scenars. It's a great caliber but the price of entry is a little high. But with a full rifle going for 4k it seems like a good deal?