• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

9mm can on .22?

Pocket

Monkey with a gun
Supporter
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2019
Baton Rouge, La
So I have both suppressors coming “eventually” they have been approved as of 5/17/20 so have that going for me!

Any shoot a larger than .22 can on your rig? As long as it’s user serviceable is it a problem?
(Will go on a vudoo if that matters)

I run a Liberty Mystic X on a 4” AR 22
SBR and on a 10/22. Stupid quiet. It’s a little big but not bad. You’ll need to clean it periodically since 22
Is so dirty.

Yeah that why I was sure to get one that is user serviceable and I have an ultrasonic cleaner at work :)

Just wasn’t sure if it “leaked” to much or whatever the term is

Last edited:
I ran my Octane 9 on my 10/22 build... worked just fine... but needed to clean a lot more often.

Big cans work, but 22LR gets them dirty in a hurry - definitely wouldn't even fire a shot through a non user-serviceable one.

Reactions: Kwe1982
Agreed with the others. My QB 9MM can sounds awesome on a 22, but it gets mucked up quickly.

I've run my Octane 45 many times as a rimfire can on my rifles. It's too big for the pistols, but works just fine on the rifles.

I shoot a 9mm can on my 22. It's quiet, just not as quiet as a 22 can. The difference between the two is with the 9mm can it's like "boy that's quiet!" and with the 22 can it's like "wait did he shoot already?"

To continue the topic, what about something like a can to fit 5.56 or .308? I have been contemplating making one from a solvent trap kit and thought that a one size fits all might be a good idea. I assume similar to putting the 9mm can on a .22lr, the sound reduction won't be as great. Also, I have read about 22lr being dirty and causing a lot of cleaning. How are you guys doing this? What about the inexpensive aluminum baffles?

Think I read somewhere where you really only gain 3-4 decibels going that route.

3-4db over no suppressor at all? Wow, considering that a Sparrow claims 41db reduction I would say that isn't a good plan for me.

There is a guy at my matches that uses a 30 cal can on his .556 and .22 trainers for his 6.5? So I guess the science is there

I use a 30 call can on a 223, 22-250, 6.5 Grendel and both 6.5 & 6 Creedmoor. It's all quiet enough for me.

I swear my 30 call can is quieter on my 10.5" 5.56 SBR then my buddies 5.56 can on his 16" AR. I figure it's related to the volume of each suppressor.

Also, I shot a stupid amount of rimfire ammo through my Octane 45 till I got a rimfire can.

Sounds like I have a need for a one-size fits all can. I don't need .22 to be whisper quiet, but a good db reduction on the centerfire stuff would be much appreciated. Now if I can convince the neighbors to think the same way...

I bought a 9mm can for a PCC I was really liking. Plan was to get a threaded .22 and use it on that too. Bought a T1X during the stamp wait. Discovered that Form 1 was a thing and did a rimfire build. Shot the F1 can on the Tikka several months before the 9mm can was approved. Of course I had to try the commercial can on the rimfire. "My" can is quieter and the size/weight difference is ridiculous. The CGS can is great however on the PCC. Just my particular experience.
IMG_20200201_103755.jpg

AAC Ti-Rant 45M works well. I wouldn't recommend it for 22lr because it has aluminum baffles so the DIP cleaning method can't be used. When I bought mine I wasn't aware of the DIP solution.
1590640543990.png