• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A-5 adjustable questions

ARCOREY

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 16, 2008
Harrisonburg, VA
arcorey.com
Anybody out there with the B & C A-5 adjustable type stocks regret getting the adjustable model instead of something like plain A-2? Here are the 2 I'm looking at.
A-5 FA
A2
Should add this is for a 700SPS varmint dedicated varmint gun shot mostly prone.

Re: A-5 adjustable questions

the only gripe i have with mine is the damn weight. my rifle right now with optics weighs about 17.5 lbs. that is nothing i think i would like to go humping around or shooting off hand. i would not say i regret getting it, but sometimes i wish i would have bought something i could use for hunting too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahlendrrari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the only gripe i have with mine is the damn weight. my rifle right now with optics weighs about 17.5 lbs. that is nothing i think i would like to go humping around or shooting off hand. i would not say i regret getting it, but sometimes i wish i would have bought something i could use for hunting too. </div></div>

Did you order it with heavy fill or something, or is that the base weight of the stock?

Take a look at their A3. I put one on an SPS .223 - great stock for the money & a big improvement over the factory stock. A3

no i ordered it standard with no extra fill. i guess i should have pinted out that i got a 26 in tube on my rifle as well. what adds the extra weight is the stuff for the adjustable part of the stock. hell the butt plate itself probly weighs close to a pound and ahalf if not more. then there is the adjustable comb. i tried th A3 on my rifle before i bought the A5. it was way lighter than the A5 but for some reason it just didn't fit me properly