• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

A Alpha issue

MQXL308

Private
Minuteman
Jun 14, 2011
Portland, Or
got my stock back from inletting for my dbm.
I was able to load up some rounds to test feeding and
this is what I came up with..
Feed awesome with my snap caps, but with live rounds about
half of them don't seem to tilt back far enough. That is what is
in the pics below...
Wondering if anyone has seen this before..???

IMG_0356.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

Re: A Alpha issue

Are you running type 2 mags? If so, you will have to have your action notched so that the nose of the bullet doesn't catch on the bottom of the action.

Tweak the feed lips. Either close the back.....open the front.....or a little of both.

Your first answer is the only one u need, the tip of your bullet is catching under your feed ramp.

Have the action notched out. Whoever did the DBM should have offered that service to you!

Where did you get your mags from?

Alpha don't seem to have any stock and are not easy to get hold of.

I got the mag from alpha back in the middle of Feb..
I think the little issue was feed lips, did a little tweaking and seems
to be feeding correctly now.. Will do live fire trials next weekend..

I am considering the type 2 alpha mags so that I can use a longer oal. I am currently running an sps-v in an aics. At some point I want to have a gun built on a custom action. After I have the custom gun put together, I will put it in my aics and put my sps-v back in the original stock and sell it. If I have my feed ramp modified, will it still feed properly when i put it back in the original stock?

this kind of freaks me out a little because that is the exact set up im going with. rem 700, bell and carlson, PT&G DBM, and alpha one mags. anyone else run this set up and have the same problems?

This is not a problem with the "setup". This is a problem with the feedramp on the remington action. If the rounds are loaded to long, then they will catch on the feedramp. If they are loaded to 2.800" oal and you bump the back of the mag before putting it in the gun, then you should not have a problem. Either the op is loading the rounds long, or he is not bumping the back of the mag after loading and before using. either way, trimming the feedramp on the action will fix both issues.

i remeasured and the rounds are at about 2.825 or so..
i tweaked the feed lips a tad and all seem well..
tried some at 2.800 and all was well..

a minor shake of couple millimeters.
It clicks in nicely and I don't think I could pull it out