• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

A Backpack question

Re: A Backpack question

I bought the fox tactical assault pack and have put it through hell and back and it has been very durable with alot of storage room. I use it mainly for my hunting trips and it can easily store the gear for a one day or even two day trip...just my outlook on it

I saw these at SHOT. They had a version (or someone else did) that held an SBR AR broken down.

I thought about getting one, but honestly a backpack with two straps instead of one stays put a lot better and still has the ability to be worn single strap crossways, in front, put in a locker, etc.

Make your decision on whether you want a civie look/blend in bag or a tacticool look/color/PALS pack first, then go from there.

If you go the blend in civie route, this pack has my attention:

http://www.mysteryranch.com/recreation/hiking-climbing-packs/sweetpea-pack

MR uses a frame system that will allow you to carry heavy loads in all of their packs comfortably, much heavier than other packs in the same cubic inch range.

I agree with _9, I don't see the virtue of a one-strap pack... sure it would be fine if it's just laying in your trunk, but I don't think I'd want to actually have to hump one very far.

I opted to go the "blend in" route & just picked up a North Face pack on sale for about $60... not sure which model, but they're all about the same anyway.

YMMV, good luck.

I have a couple of backpacks that I have used for backpacking, hunting, camping, and kayaking. One is a black North Face Backpack that I purchased from Bass Pro in Charlotte, NC and the other is a Condor 3 day pack that I purchased from US Cav. Both are great!

My Camelbak Mule goes with me on every camping/hunting/hiking/biking trip and has not given me any problems. It won't hold a whole lot, but it carries everything I need. I usually keep a knife, laser rangefinder, gps, and first aid kit in the main compartment, and several smaller things in the front compartment. There is a water-resistant zipper on a small top compartment to keep a camera or other delicate electronics safe. It is light and comfortable to wear all day.