• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos A bad day in the bush...

Re: A bad day in the bush...

Unless the day in the bush is a day at work......and then only as long as you aren't taking fire.
wink.gif

And what kind of spotting scope is that? I'm interested in trying something different than the one I have.

For the rifle / LRF: Precision Rifle Solutions - Medium + SSP2 cradle.
For the spotter: Mannfrotto 785B spotter tripod.

Bushnell Excusrsion FFP spotter 15-45x.
For what it is, it's done well and is more than capable for it's job. The Mildot reticle isn't as helpful as their new offering but it's better than nothing.

The spotter MANNFROTTO tripod is good because it's small, light but tall enough to high crouch behind. However the ball head which is metal, doesn't react well with the grip handle tensioner mechanism that is plastic making it crunchy and fine adjustments are difficult when the spotter is mounted up top.

And for the rifle I've been running the Precision Rifle Solutions Medium SSP2 cradle tripod which is <span style="font-weight: bold">perfect</span> for what I'm doing. If you remove the middle extension tube, the legs splay out so wide you're almost back on the ground... However if you extend it to it's max you can high kneel behind without a problem. It weighs nothing, collapses down into a tiny package and the cradle really supports the A5 McMillan type stock forends. I couldn't be happier.

Shortly I'm switching my A5 out for an AICS AX stock so the SSP1 cradle which isn't as wide will be the better option for the front end.

Thanks fellas.