• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Bird in the hand...

GRIM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 21, 2009
Wisconsin
Well, I screwed the pooch. I have a Rem700 PSS (.308) that shot EVERYTHING (many types of factory loads and handloads) well... so what'd I do you ask? Went and had it threaded for my suppressor & now it doesn't like ANYTHING like it used to.

Also had another .308 rifle threaded at the same time that shot 168GMM well as it always has and now it's starting to act finicky too.

I know the fellow that threaded the barrel did a good job as he's ultra credible but what I did changed the harmonics and screwed myself for what the rifles like to shoot. I even tried trading the suppressors between the rifles and that didn't improve my luck. Gotta start over and work up loads for BOTH rifles now...ARRGGHHH!

Re: A Bird in the hand...

suppresors add pressure so you will have to tone down the load a bit at least i did on my 6x47. i am sure accuracy will still be their just a different load. don't panic

Re: A Bird in the hand...

Crowns on both look just fine but I've heard that sometimes you can't see what is causing the problem.

I'm sure I can work up a new load but I just got a killer load for both and now it's back to square one. I was looking forward to doing some long range shooting this summer and this threw a monkey wrench into the plans.

Shoots very average now without a suppressor attached. Used to shoot unreal groups without one. I should have just left it alone and just put up with the blast but kept the accuracy. Anyone got a time machine they are not using for a while?