• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A BRACE OF ROEDALES

gyr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 4, 2006
EU
Here´s 2 Roedales me and a friend ordered.- I already posted some pics of mine before.

black barrel/OD stock.- 308 SA, 22" LW light varmint fluted
blasted barrel/grey stock: 6,5 x 55 LA, 23 " heavy sporter fluted

[img:center]
P1080270.jpg
[/img]

P1080277.jpg
[/img]

Both came with Roedale 20 moa pic rail; PMII 4-16 x 50, PSG 34mm rings, Manners MCST.

P1080275.jpg
[/img]

IN their first hunting outing they have accounted for 2 kills at 360 and 325 m., with 168 amax (308) and 140 amax (6,5).

Great job Pete¡

Re: A BRACE OF ROEDALES

Alien.- I am very happy with my 308.- Havent shot a lot yet but managed to shoot some 1/3 moa 5 shot groups at 100 m. I am not a "group shooting guy", normally will develop a load which is ok and then use it .

What I can say is that in the short time for which I have had the rifle, and still not being used to the MCST stock ( I was using an A3 on a 6,5-284) , I´ve shot better groups at 100m than with the other one whihc has served me well in the field, cold bore shots at distances of up to 950 + meters. I´ve only shot the 308 to 650 m on a rock and hit it in the middle with every shot...so it looks very promising.

Gyr,

Very nice looking rifles..What do the weigh?

What is the difference in profile/weight of the two barrels?

Thanks,

Peter

WOW!!!!

Those look pretty F...ing sweeeeeeet!

Pete you need to put everything on a boat and come to America, so we can call you our own...hehehehehehe....Nice work!!!!!!!

-Pat

Pat, i think that at least once a week.
I was on a boat friday,sailing across the North Sea, i'm in GB at the mo babysitting my alzheimers suffering Mum whilst Dad is in hospital having tests to see if they are gona reverse his stoma bag back to his rear end.

Gyr, your AO looks pretty and green this time of year eh.

Peter, the 6.5x55 has a LW super Magnum Sporter profile and the .308 has a LW Light Varmint profile.

the profiles are very similar, the super mag sporter is slightly fatter at the chamber end, but the straight part of the chamber end, before the taper starts is longer on the Light Varmint, both barrels weigh near as damn the same in any given caliber.

cant say i weight the finished item, but i'd estimate around 7lbs without the scope. Gyr could weigh em i guess.

Regards Pete

Weight was a little under 9lbs without scope and rings, with the rail; both weigh about the same, there is a 1 or 2 oz difference. They were weighed on a kitchen scale, so may not be too accurate.

As Pete says, barrel profiles are very similar. The 308 looks a little thicker; the 1 " difference makes them weigh about the same.