• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A&D FX120i and auto thrower/trickler over throwing

towerofpower93

Private
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2010
Got mine in and have been using it for some new load dev. I set the target weight per the instructions and it will throw and trickle up to the target weight, but will then go over .2-.4.

I'm guessing this is due to the trickler being slightly out of level with the end of the straw being higher than level. My thought process is that the powder is building up and then a clump is letting go, sorta like what the straw trick solved in the Chargemaster.

Thinking about the 419 stand, but will probably just try a couple of thumb tacks into the bottom of the plastic frame to confirm if the level of the trickler is the cause.

Any other experience with overthrows and identified causes? With the recent surge of purchases the rebate caused I can't be the only one working through the learning curve.

Thanks for any help or advice

I have a A419 base so i set it so as the powder has to go "uphill". it'll still overthrow sometimes, but not as bad. there's another thread, where one fella put a copper wire on the trickler and ran it towards the end of the trickler tube. the copper wire is bent back "U-Turn" in to the tube hole...this is suppose to help de-clump the powder.

Attachments

• TricklerCopperFix.PNG
    TricklerCopperFix.PNG
    875.6 KB · Views: 69
Its the powder clumping, Ive noticed it more with 8208 and less with 4350 and 4831. The 4350 and 4831 will still go over but going over by those weights is just a single stick of powder. The longer powders take u more room in the tube so I guess they arent as able to clump. I just sprinkle a bit out into the trickler and let it come back up again. Its still faster than a chargemaster.

I think the solution is a getting the tube level and turning the speed controller all the way down. A sheet of paper or two is all it takes to shift the trickler level.

I believe there are inserts available for the auto trickler now just like the chargemaster

I was able to solve my overthrow issue with the autotrickler by slowing the scale down with the slider on the back. Basically what @spife7980 said.

Thanks for the info ref slowing down the trickler. Will give that a try next loading session and see how it goes.

I had the same problem that still showed up intermittently when I slowed it down with the slider. I cut a piece of inner tube and used it to shim the trickle so the trickle tube is running up hill. I leave it out to prime the trickle and then slide it in. Made a big difference and let me walk the slider back up as well.