• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A Different Kind of Rimfire

dst27

Private
Minuteman
Dec 13, 2009
OH USA
I've been lurking on the hide for some time and finally noticed the Rimfire Section. Is anyone else shooting this rifle? It's an Izhmash Biathlon Basic 7-2 KO. All stock except for cheek riser, swivel studs, and scope.
I find it amazing. Trigger is very decent (about 2 lbs and crisp) and can shoot just about any ammo reasonably accurately.
Of the bulk ammo that Walmart sells, it likes Winchester 333 best.
With all the talk about Appleseed, I tried the rifle out in an Appleseed and it absolutely ROCKS! The toggle bolt is really slick and I had no problems shooting the COF.

BB7-2KO.jpg

Win333.jpg

Re: A Different Kind of Rimfire

I've never shot one but have read lots of good stuff about them on RFC. Nice.....

Keith

gimmiefuel, I love that stock. I wish factory replacements were available for BB rifles. It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Here's mine. I've had a lot of different glass on it in the past but I'm currently working toward a Poor Man's SV-99.

DSCI0185.jpg

DSCI0187.jpg

DSCI0188.jpg

DSCI0189.jpg

I love these little Russian rifles. They are the perfect combination of accuracy and speed. Super fast bolt action.

Paul

libertyman, how did you thread that barrel? Does yours have the extremely concaved crown?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dst27</div><div class="ubbcode-body">libertyman, how did you thread that barrel? Does yours have the extremely concaved crown?
</div></div>

Yes, it came with the deep concave. What you're seeing on the end of my barrel is an adapter for my can, which is a Sound Tech Millenium Can. It was originally designed for fat barreled Rugers. It has an external threaded stud. My plans (years ago) were to trick out a 10/22. That's until I found the Biathlon Basic. Loved the rifle so much that I had the adapter made. I do plan to have the can reworked have it fitted with standard threads. But this work well enough for the time being.

Paul

Do the bolts on these rifles require much force to operate? Can they be operated easily with out your finger ever leaving the trigger?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GreatGonzo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do the bolts on these rifles require much force to operate? Can they be operated easily with out your finger ever leaving the trigger? </div></div>

Hmmmm.........maybe, but I've never tried. What I do know is that you can operate the bolt without loosing your sight picture.

Paul

Some guy had one of those out at the range a few years ago and I got to shoot it. Phenomenal little rifle, I was really impressed by it. The bolt pull on the one I shot wasn’t the lightest, but not too heavy either, had a real slick quality feel. I might have to pursue one when I am in the market.