• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A different perspective on gun registration

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    I like this guy. Pass this along to your state reps.

A DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVE...
    ENJOY !

THIS MAY MAKE YOUR DAY!

Vermont State Rep. Fred Maslack has read the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, as well as Vermont's own Constitution very carefully, and his strict interpretation of these documents is popping some eyeballs in New England and elsewhere.

Maslack recently proposed a bill to register "non-gun-owners" and require them to pay a $500 fee to the state.

Vermont would become the first state to require a permit for the luxury of going about unarmed and charge $500 for the privilege of not owning a gun.

Maslack read the "militia" phrase of the Second Amendment as not only the right of the individual citizen to bear arms, but as 'a clear mandate to do so'.

He believes that universal gun ownership was advocated by the Framers of the Constitution as an antidote to a "monopoly of force" by the government as well as criminals. Vermont’s constitution states explicitly that "the people have a right to bear arms for the defense of themselves and the State" and those persons who are "conscientiously scrupulous of bearing arms" shall be required to "pay such equivalent.."
    Clearly, says Maslack, Vermonters have a constitutional obligation to arm themselves, so that they are capable of responding to "any situation that may arise."

Under the bill, adults who choose not to own a firearm would be required to register their name, address, Social Security Number, and driver's license number with the state. "There is a legitimate government interest in knowing who is not prepared to defend the state should they be asked to do so," Maslack says.

Vermont already boasts a high rate of gun ownership along with the least restrictive laws of any state .... it's currently the only state that allows a citizen to carry a concealed firearm without a permit. This combination of plenty of guns and few laws regulating them has resulted in a crime rate that is the third lowest in the nation. "America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards."

This makes sense! There is no reason why gun owners should have to pay taxes to support police protection for people not wanting to own guns.

Let them contribute their fair share and pay their own way. Sounds reasonable to me! Non-gun owners require more police to protect them and this fee should go to paying for their defense!

Re: A different perspective on gun registration

The city of Kennesaw, GA did this more or less. It requires every homeowner to own a firearm and you can be given a citation and fined for not following the law. It's nothing more than a "feel good" criminals you better watch out law as it's not enforced but it was pretty interesting to see the effect it had on crime anyway.

Man that's awesome. It would be nice to put the anti-gunners on the ropes for a change. We spend all of our time defending ourselves from lawmakers just to keep a right we have so I would love nothing more than to turn the tables and make the anti-gun crowd pay with their time and money for once!

If this guy was running for President, I would donate an OBSCENE amount of money to his campaign.

We were talking about this at the club the other night. Why should we pay more when we require less protection? It should be the other way around. Some Americans still pride themselves on being capable of handling their own situations.

Fuck CT I am moving to Vermont asap, and agree with what some one else said earlier, this guy should run for president, I would empty out my 401K for him

Wow, that's some suprisingly good and interesting logic. Register the pussies that won't stand up to defend themselves, state or country. Also its an interesting idea about paying taxes to protect those that are unprepared. I know I'll have to step up and defend the commie libtards in my cul de sac when the time comes. I also live across the street from some Jihadist assholes and I watch them like a hawk. I got the coords for their driveway in case I have to call in arty.

We all need to go to our state representatives and get them on board with this. As HB suggested, a pre emptive "Fuck You" strike.

I freakin LOVE this so much,I just wanted to bump it. I am going to print and fwd it to some good friends.
    Thanks for the post-
    Huey

didn't this get shot down a long time ago? if I remember this correctly, this was right before AK began doing CCW without permit

I don't know, but I've not heard of it. The thing I like about it is this: It turns the tables on the antis. For many years their tactic has been to demand complete disarmament, then get us to settle for a fraction of what they were demanding. Those fractions have added up to the degradations in our defenses and liberties we see today.
    By demanding more $$ from those unwilling to defend themself, we can put them on the defensive, demanding they spend $$ defending and arguing this in court or legislature, instead of drawing up new restrictions.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yasherka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe Arizona now also allows for CCW without a permit. </div></div>
    You are correct, though with a few restrictions on where you can carry(nowhere that serves alcohol among some minor other places)
    In Alaska you also not need a ccw to carry concealed and in Wyoming residents don't need on either. Not sure where they got Vermont as being the only one unless this is an old story.

obamadoublebarrel_zps07910363.jpg

I am so glad I live in Texas, we will just become our own country!

We are our own country to begin with. Anybody who believes anything oblamma says is a fool. He is a communist muslim and needs to be impeached.

That picture is so full of fail. PhotoShopped blast gasses. Didn't even get the left side port blast in the photo. <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Switchblade</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
    obamadoublebarrel_zps07910363.jpg
    </div></div>