• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos A few months wait is worth it

kelvrick

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 27, 2008
Sacramento, CA
Started my 10 day wait period last monday (california sucks) and just picked this up today. After shooting with a Savage Mark 2 22lr for half a year, I finally told myself I was ready for a 308. Picked it up used as a "pass along" rifle for people just starting out in long range.

Savage 10fp 24" Duracoated OD green
Bell & Carlson Varmint/Tactical stock
Ken Farrel 20moa base
Burris XTR rings
Falcon Menace 4-14 ffp
Harris BRM-S 6-9 with podlok
TIS quick cuff sling od green
SKD BALS MK2 OD green

UPS is delivering a case of HSM 175gr match tomorrow and Saturday went from 70% chance of rain to 20%. Its going to be a good week.

Target - small squares are .5"
2/28/2009
100 yard range
63 F
58% humidity
Winds ~9mp ESE
HSM 175gr HPBT
3 shot groups

Re: A few months wait is worth it

Really beautiful rig U got there..

U just showed what I'm getting...

Bell & Carlson stock and Falcon FFP, but with a Howa action instead...

Now I really want to try out that Duracoat

Shouldent it be a XTR low's ...

Enjoy U'r weekend

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: palle2612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Shouldent it be a XTR low's ...

</div></div>

Yea, I was putting it on with a set of XTR lows. I set my torque wrench to 50 ft-lbs. I either set it wrong or that thing really needs to get calibrated, but I sheared the nut right off. Good thing I had an extra set of Mediums or I wouldn't even be able to put the scope on there. Maybe its time to go steel with nightforce or badger or etc.

EDIT: Ahh, I just realized I forgot to convert the numbers from inch-lbs to ft-lbs on my wrench. Man, that aluminum never had a chance.

Very nice Stick. It is almost an exact duplicate of what I am trying to fund. Only difference is the stock and rings, H-S precision stock and A.R.M.S. low rings. Have the gun (for a year), rings. No funds for the glass yet money too damm tight.

add a Vbull DBM, cut the bbl to 20", and switch that B&C for a Stockade Stock and that'd be my rifle, you'll like it... a LOT.

How do you like the Falcon FFP? I'm about to pre-order one but not sure if I should wait for the illuminated reticle or not. They say it's going to be a while until they do that and I'm not sure if I'm waisting my time and should just get my order in now. Nice rig!