• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

A good ar scope mount (30mm)

6brman

The 6mm man
Minuteman
Feb 13, 2017
Hickory nc
need input on a good mount for a 30mm scope I just got for my ar. I don't know them all so that's why I'm asking. It's a 3-18x44 scope. Thanks guys

Light and budget friendly: aero.

Good qd: adm or larue

Good non qd: badger or nightforce

Baller: sphur, maybe gdi and aadmount (I havent used the last 2)

I like the badger unimount as well as spuhr, the qd has never been a high priority especially on a precision optic.

I have a couple American defense manufacturing mounts and really like them. They are reliable strong mounts available in many sizes for a good price. They are known for their qd mounts. Many top quality manufacturers like B&T industries (makers of the Atlas bipod) use ADM mounts on their products.

Yeah this will be a precision ar. Wouldn't mind qd as long as its rock solid. Just something that works.

The 44mm objective is irrelevant to the height you pick. Unless you have an odd face, you need something around 1.5". I strongly suggest the JP mount. Perfect height, perfect cantilever.

I have found the 1.5 inch height works for just about everything.

With that being said I prefer something lower. Usually in the 1.25 to 1.3 range.

Last night I just mounted a scope on an ar platform using a 30mm Badger unimount (it replaced an ADM mount). The Badger is 1.3 inches tall and the cheek weld is awesome now.

I have a scope on an big frame ar mounted in a 1.18 tall mount. Again great cheek weld for me....and everyone else that has shot it.

I got a Larue mount, I can't quite remember which model it is but it is the lowest one they have. I love a good hard cheek weld on a non adjustable stock, like the one that comes factory on the Larue PredatOBR. This one is so low, you have to mount it perfectly to get it to barely clear the rear Troy (Larue branded) backup sight

​​​​​​
osfknd.jpg

30hq7i9.jpg

Take a look at the Geissele Super Precision Mount. They're incredibly solid, and built with great attention to detail. Now that I've gotten one, I'd have a hard time getting another of anything else, at least for an AR mount.

Yeah I'm really looking for the geissele mount. Just trying to find a good deal. I missed one today that sold for 150!!!!!! Ugh

Might get shit on by the guys who really know what they are doing, but the Burris PEPR gets you QD on the cheap. That being said, I regret putting a QD on my precision upper, like someone pointed out above you don't really need it, and you get what you pay for with the Burris. I know Vortex just came out with some new mounts, might be worth checking out.

Oh man, 150 for a Geissele mount? That's easily the craziest deal I've heard of. It doesn't seem like their stuff goes on sale too often (which makes it dangerous whenever it does, because I usually end up buying something!)

But if that's what you're really looking for, I'm not sure anything else is going to measure up.

Yeah that's what I said!!! When I seen it I kicked my self in the butt for not looking at the forum for that day!!

Any thoughts on which mount I should go with as in standard or extended?

Depends on the scope geometry, eye relief, length of pull and the way you naturally mount your rifle. I prefer one piece cantilever mounts so I am not limited by the available length of the upper receiver.

Yeah I'm really looking for the geissele mount. Just trying to find a good deal. I missed one today that sold for 150!!!!!! Ugh

You and me both... To the OP, got one of Geissele 30mm somewhat extended mount for a Razor 1-6 and couldn't be happier.

If you want QD: Bobro or GDI are the ones ive had good first hand experience with. GDI is expensive tho and not as easy to find as the Bobro. Really like the levers on the Bobro over the Larue and ADM offerings. I dont mind Larue QD on bipods and tac lights but i think there are better options when it comes to optics.

Non QD: Geissele, NF, Badger, Sphur (In no particular order) is all i use. Wouldn't recomend one over the other, although i must say the machining on the Geissele and Sphur mounts is quite nice.