• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A little help, people: what sort of foodstuff is "Paduka"? Has anyone partaken?

Veer_G

Beware of the Dildópony!
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2008
SEPA
We have a scary little joint a ways down the road, with a preposterously hopeful name, that opened up last year, promising, of all things, Chinese food and an American breakfast/lunch/dinner menu, very dinerish.

Bringing yet more Chinese choices chez Veer was really kind of silly, given the number of Asian choices hereabouts, many of them very, very good. But what made it sillier still is that their Chinese wasn't even frozen food section Chinese bad. It was like pu-pu platter tastes like poop bad, like they forgot to gut the Schnauzer bad. They got their asses righteously torn up on the review sites, like Yelp, and they finally decided to stop the mutual torture, and ditched the exotic notion of yet more Chinese, getting rid of everything except for a few items on their appetizer list.

So we get a new menu/flyer from them in the mail, trumpeting the changes, and going through the unremarkable list, I come across this:

79Ol65d.jpg?1.jpg

Paduka?

I haven't the nerve to order it, let alone ask them what it is, should I tempt fate and food poisoning and wander in there in a foolishly self-destructive state of pique with my comfortable digestion and regularity.

Help me out here, please.

I've looked. Apparently, it has nothing to do with homonym Paducah, that Kentucky burg along the mighty Ohio, nor its eponymous pancakes

There are, of course, paddukah, sort of Holy Joe sandals (now you know why they call it sandalwood) from India, typically two knobs and two flat soles of wood, as India is a country where shoes made out of what might be Grandma are frowned upon.

QWKI0yd.jpg

And then I thought that it might be be Indonesian, but it turns out to simply be an acronym for a meal deal at Indonesian 7-11s.

RH7OOX5.jpg

So, tell me, people, just what is "Paduka"? Anyone?

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain it's a derivative of #covfefe and more than likely tastes like chicken. Seriously.

2017-3mar-29th-nithyananda-diary_DSC_2432_bengaluru-aadheenam-nithya-paduka-puja.jpg

Veer, to be honest it googles up like something you might be familur with.

And yet I can't place it, whether or not your photo link works. (Okay, checked the link, and NO, we don't worship people, living or dead, or photographic representations of them, either, neither by lighting candles to them nor by making cutesy little food offerings, either. But thanks for using Google, all the same.)

Last edited:
We have a scary little joint a ways down the road, with a preposterously hopeful name, that opened up last year, promising, of all things, Chinese food and an American breakfast/lunch/dinner menu, very dinerish.

Bringing yet more Chinese choices chez Veer was really kind of silly, given the number of Asian choices hereabouts, many of them very, very good. But what made it sillier still is that their Chinese wasn't even frozen food section Chinese bad. It was like pu-pu platter tastes like poop bad, like they forgot to gut the Schnauzer bad. They got their asses righteously torn up on the review sites, like Yelp, and they finally decided to stop the mutual torture, and ditched the exotic notion of yet more Chinese, getting rid of everything except for a few items on their appetizer list.

So we get a new menu/flyer from them in the mail, trumpeting the changes, and going through the unremarkable list, I come across this:

Paduka?

I haven't the nerve to order it, let alone ask them what it is, should I tempt fate and food poisoning and wander in there in a foolishly self-destructive state of pique with my comfortable digestion and regularity.

Help me out here, please.

I've looked. Apparently, it has nothing to do with homonym Paducah, that Kentucky burg along the mighty Ohio, nor its eponymous pancakes

There are, of course, paddukah, sort of Holy Joe sandals (now you know why they call it sandalwood) from India, typically two knobs and two flat soles of wood, as India is a country where shoes made out of what might be Grandma are frowned upon.

And then I thought that it might be be Indonesian, but it turns out to simply be an acronym for a meal deal at Indonesian 7-11s.

So, tell me, people, just what is "Paduka"? Anyone?

it is apparently an Indonesian thing (or from that area) advertising Japanese style chicken
if you look at the ad, PaDuKa is short for Paket Dua Katsu and Karage.
Paket is basically 'deal" or "packet", Dua is quantity 2 , Katsu is breaded, fried chicken while Kara-age is also fried chicken, prepared a bit differently

So in essence, it is a meal deal with 2 pieces of chicken Katsu, 2 pieces if chicken kara-age anda drink

Give joeboo a swig of rum for us. :-D

Not even glasses would help you ...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/13QJ41bJ9R8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

it is apparently an Indonesian thing (or from that area) advertising Japanese style chicken
if you look at the ad, PaDuKa is short for Paket Dua Katsu and Karage.
Paket is basically 'deal" or "packet", Dua is quantity 2 , Katsu is breaded, fried chicken while Kara-age is also fried chicken, prepared a bit differently

So in essence, it is a meal deal with 2 pieces of chicken Katsu, 2 pieces if chicken kara-age anda drink

Except I'm pretty sure that's a popular initialism/acronym that only applies to the case of indonesian 7-11s. I read the same thing you did on the 7-11 marketing material and puzzled out the context. Should I expect an American restaurant to use the same naming convention? Or maybe the owners are Indonesian and have no originality whatsoever?

I will mail you $10 to order one to go, post pics and do a post mortem.

I will mail you $10 to order one to go, post pics and do a post mortem.

LMAO! The missus threatened to stop in, order one to go, bring it home, and make me eat it. She scares me. HELP!

I think that's the right approach. You don't have to eat it... hide it in a fern or something. Just sort of pick it apart and tell us if it has fin, fur, feathers, paws, beak, rattles, gills, testicles, roots, re-processed styrofoam, nappy hair... whatever.

I'll donate to the Veer Paducah Takeout order experiment. Hopefully it has ribs!

Cheers,

Sirhr

As someone that was born in and actually did grow up in Paducah, the one on the Ohio River in Kentucky, I can say with relative certainty that, whatever it is, it's probably barbecued or deep fried and served with a coke.

Thank you,
MrSmith

^^^ Yup. Pics or it didn't happen.

Damn. Damn, damn, damn.

The Paduka outlook is not good. We went and attempted to engage without success. Pay particular attention to the third audio link.

Mounting up:

D1G6BKC.jpg?1.jpg

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1oVLTxowhdT

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0iJtbC73NsZ

The Assault:

OaSHdhE.jpg?1.jpg

F59bjhv.jpg?1.jpg

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1VoR5FabDMS

Plan "B":

5hER75S.jpg?1.jpg

Mn7KUh4.jpg?1.jpg

f5N8cU3.jpg?1.jpg

Please note, Sirhr, in keeping with your concerns I made sure that whatever I did, it would include ribs, if not at least one of impressive size.

And Paduka be damned.

Last edited:
Damn. Damn, damn, damn.

The Paduka outlook is not good. We went and attempted to engage without success. Play particular attention to the third audio link.

Mounting up:

The Assault:

Plan "B":

Please note, Sirhr, in keeping with your concerns I made sure that whatever I did, it would include ribs, if not at least one of impressive size.

And Paduka be damned.

And why isn't this in Nom Nom Nom? Another Hide adventure. We're seriously damned. :p

Damn. Damn, damn, damn.

The Paduka outlook is not good. We went and attempted to engage without success. Play particular attention to the third audio link.

Mounting up:

The Assault:

Plan "B":

And Paduka be damned.

An assault without contact is ok as we age. Perhaps a new plan from a different angle is in order. I like where your heads at, and appreciate the effort.

So what you have managed to prove... is that the entire Snipers Hide residentura... has been trolled by a bunch of SEPA Asians with a "Hometown favorites" menu!

I think some retribution is in order. Cue the Wagner, make it loud!

As long as everyone is getting trolled this week... did you order Cafveve with that steak?

Cheers,

Sirhr

P.S. Did I mention this thread is awesome??

You giving out cases of beer on crew-served weapons?

It appears Veer is left handed.
Good looking steak btw.

R

Veer is what you might call "professionally ambidextrous." I shoot different weapons from different sides but I'm much better with a blade from the right.

The Left side of the brain controls the Right side of the body so Left-Handed people are the ONLY ones in their Right mind.

(carve that one in granite)

Veer is what you might call "professionally ambidextrous." I shoot different weapons from different sides but I'm much better with a blade from the right.

Perfect, with ambidextrous skills you could shoot the A23 from strong and weak sides for the tard challenge.

R

Perfect, with ambidextrous skills you could shoot the A23 from strong and weak sides for the tard challenge.

R

You'll have to countermand my electrophysiologist's order not to mount a shotgun or rifle to my left shoulder ever again.

Copy, didn't know you were operating under orders.
Still can run the good side though.

R

On my list for the next junket. It's only a three hour, 120 mile round trip. No biggie.

(You guys who shoot off your picnic tables and out your windows at home just kill me.)

I saw a copy of an ID at work, from Paducah and right under it was McCracken County as part of the address. It just made me chuckle and the office wants to know whats so funny....... so I told em a knock knock joke.

Ding Ding Ding,,,,,,,You Sir are correct. Deep South's name for fried cat.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L_jWHffIx5E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ahem ...

Somebody once told me I'm gonna fry your kitty
The only cat I found that was dead
He was looking kind of dumb took his fingers and his thumb
And he squeezed off those little cat heads

Well the cats start frying and they don't stop frying
See all the little cat heads go flyin
Didn't make sense not to fry for fun
The Brain is rare but the Head's well done

So much to cook so much to eat
So what's wrong with grillin some cat meat
You'll never know if you drive slow