• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors A lonely suppressor

aslrookie

Private
Minuteman
Mar 19, 2017
I’ve been trying to figure out what to do with my SiCo Saker 556 suppressor. All of my guns are suppressed, and I have this one with no home for it. Here are some ideas I’ve played with:

1) 224V AR15
2) 22CM AR10
3) 204 ruger AR15 for coyote hunting

What does the hide suggest? Already have SBRs and a 308 bolt gun

Lol, you only have one can with no rifle, I have four that are currently looking for a host. I think of it as just another reason to buy more weapon systems, especially now given the political climate.

224V is something I’m contemplating as well. Looks like a fun cartridge, esp beyond 500 where the 5.56 starts to lay down.

Reactions: respiegel
Lol, you only have one can with no rifle, I have four that are currently looking for a host. I think of it as just another reason to buy more weapon systems, especially now given the political climate.

224V is something I’m contemplating as well. Looks like a fun cartridge, esp beyond 500 where the 5.56 starts to lay down.

I had a 224V before, but the barrel and suppressor combo length was just ridiculous for an AR15. I like the idea of a 18” 22CM AR10

I had a 224V before, but the barrel and suppressor combo length was just ridiculous for an AR15. I like the idea of a 18” 22CM AR10

Yea the 22 creedmoor works also. How long was your barrel? 24”?

You seem like you are in a bind... I’ll help!

4). Give it to me. I’ll pay shipping.

Reactions: 143lrsd
Yeah, 24" with a 6" suppressor. It was obnoxious for an AR15.

Haha, well if you ran out of ammo & needed to pole vault, you had the necessary equipment to do so...I’ve only begun to research that round (watched a few of Frank’s videos on it) and looks neat as perhaps a change of pace caliber for causal range shooting.

But, if you need a 24” barrel to get decent performance out of it, I’d pass and maybe remove it as an option for consideration from your OP since you already had one and sounds like it didn’t work out for you.

I may still consider it if decent MV is possible with a 18“ barrel.

Here's something completely different :)

18" Barret fieldcraft with fast twist 22-250 (factory option) or 22 Creed.
Slap an NXS 2.5-10, NX8 1-8, SWFA 3-9 or similar optic on it.

Light, fast, and fun :)

Here's something completely different :)

18" Barret fieldcraft with fast twist 22-250 (factory option) or 22 Creed.
Slap an NXS 2.5-10, NX8 1-8, SWFA 3-9 or similar optic on it.

Light, fast, and fun :)

I like your thinking, but it's just a little too basic for me lol. If I got another bolt gun, it would have to be a magnum caliber.

If I was on the aircraft carrier LSO controlling your descent to landing as you flew in riding your .224-Valkyrie ... I would waive you off and encourage you to fly away and find another airplane. My odyssey with that caliber has been filled with (a) multiple attempts, (b) high cost, and (c) almost complete lack of joy.

BTW ... I buy almost exclusively multi-caliber suppressors (Chimera-300, Omega-45K, etc. Hybrid-46, etc.) ... so that they'll "always" have a home.

Like they say ... "It's not a problem if the hole is too big, only if it's too small."

If it were me I would skip 224 valk and go 22creedmoor.. it would still cover coyote hunting well and be a real performer.. only reason I say this is because 224 valk never really intrigued me.

If it were me I would skip 224 valk and go 22creedmoor.. it would still cover coyote hunting well and be a real performer.. only reason I say this is because 224 valk never really intrigued me.

True. Right now my current options for yote hunting are 11.5 5.56 SBR and .308 bolt gun. Most shots around here on yotes are within 100 yards, so it's not a big deal to use the SBR.

True. Right now my current options for yote hunting are 11.5 5.56 SBR and .308 bolt gun. Most shots around here on yotes are within 100 yards, so it's not a big deal to use the SBR.

I would love to have a hot rod 22 cal rifle one day. For now, as far as AR platform rifles go, i have a 8” 300blk that wears a ultra 7 and that handles everything from yotes to deer. Im not afraid to stretch out to 300-400 yards with it on yotes but for deer 150-200 yards is about as far as i will try it. Thats with hand loaded 110gr vmax rounds.

I would love to have a hot rod 22 cal rifle one day. For now, as far as AR platform rifles go, i have a 8” 300blk that wears a ultra 7 and that handles everything from yotes to deer. Im not afraid to stretch out to 300-400 yards with it on yotes but for deer 150-200 yards is about as far as i will try it. Thats with hand loaded 110gr vmax rounds.

Yeah, my 300blk is for Subsonic. Fun round.

Reactions: black5.3
A bit off topic, but how did the 110 Vmax's work out on deer for you? I'm in the process of building a 10.5" 300 BLK and am gathering components.

A bit off topic, but how did the 110 Vmax's work out on deer for you? I'm in the process of building a 10.5" 300 BLK and am gathering components.

I have had great luck with it. Its the only bullet i have really used for supersonic work. I know a lot of people have used the 125gr tmk with great success too. In my experience, inside of 200 yards with my velocities on deer it explodes and causes massive bleeding on everything it hits. If the deer doesn’t drop on the spot, they dont make it real far and are easy to track.

Reactions: Guns&WhiteWater
Yeah, my 300blk is for Subsonic. Fun round.

And i very rarely shoot any subs through mine. For my uses and expectations i just run supers about 98% of the time.

Last edited: