• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos A nasty day of practice (sans chubbles)

chubbles

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 28, 2010
Utah-North
An otherwise fun day of shooting quickly turned into a "shooting in the weather" training session.

Re: A nasty day of practice

Hold on guys, before all the congratulations. chubbles is more of a fair weather shooter. He actually wasn't there yesterday, this is a pic of my gun, me and goathead1096 went up to try our luck but the weather got the best of us.
wink.gif

that's correct i have a strict "fair weather" shooting policy. i merely posted the pic.

Awsome pic.Look's like a fun day of shooting to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chubbles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">that's correct i have a strict "fair weather" shooting policy. i merely posted the pic. </div></div>

Thats okay buddy, on a beautiful fair-weather day, there is no-one I'd rather shoot with.

Optics are self explanatory minus the the magnification. But what are the specs on rifle and the can? Looks like Savage but what model and cal?

Re: A nasty day of practice (sans chubbles)

Now, that's dedication. A worst day of shooting is still better than a best day at work in my book.

Coldbore-How do you like the Yankee Hill can? I'm so torn between getting a TBAC and a YHM. I would get the YHM due to price but the weight makes me think differently. Plus having a can with my hometown engraved on it would be awesome, TBAC's are made here in Cheyenne. I still have lots of time to research and decide though, I have to finish my build first.

I love my Phantom, yes it is a little heavy, But I never even notice it. And the sound suppression benefits far outweigh the slight weight disadvantage. I've packed this rifle up and down mountains, over the river and through the woods and I never feel like I'm at a disadvantage.
I'd buy another one in a second if I had the money.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, that's dedication. A worst day of shooting is still better than a best day at work in my book. </div></div>

You got that right!!!!!!
laugh.gif

A little to cold for me. LOL
Nice pic.

Man, this makes me want to go shoot! I haven't pulled the trigger with a live round chambered sense early december!
frown.gif

Awesome pic!

I would love to be up there. Would jump at a chance to shoot in the mountains. Even, or maybe, especially in that weather.

wow I wish I was there to look's like it still could of been a good day shooting
Where is this pic taken ?

Looks like good clean fun to me. Me and the misses were on the deck this afternoon at 37 F, light mist, and wind blowing up your skirt, working on steel at 680. The rifles looked just like yours when they came back inside. Perfect!

not goin to lie, i LOVE that pic. i like that so much more then the pics of the benchrest at the local 100m range

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dbateman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Where is this pic taken ? </div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LRS_Ranger</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Looks like the pacific northwest! </div></div>

No sir, this pic was taken approx. 10 minutes from my house up the canyon and into the wasatch national forest. I love having vistas such as this so close to home, and the ability to stretch out my rifles makes it even sweeter!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goatman007</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is normal for me up here, we have gone shooting at -10. Still have a great time, although not too long.</div></div>

I'd take -10 shooting over that snow that turns to water in an instant. Once you get wet out there it drains you all day long. At -10, you gotta have a good outer layer (to include face covering) and insulation but you can stay dry.

However, I really miss the mountains out West. Living here in MN where the biggest hill is a 250 ft. ski-bump isn't exactly my cup of coffee.

+1 for shooting in "less than ideal" weather. It will definitely be something to BS later - kind of like the fish that got away story -

Nothing worse than clean all the gear afterward. Great pic. Thanks for sharing.

Great pic. A little cold for my taste, but it looks like some nice scenery.