• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos A new drawing

Re: A new drawing

Very cool. Love the environment and use of light. Thanks for sharing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats amazing! </div></div>

+100! Looks great!

We are definately going to do business at some point...Gorgeous work!!!

Dixon did an awesome job, the above is a picture I requested him to do for me and my team mate from when we were in Iraq. He is coming to see me in May and I wanted to be able to give him something, we haven't seen each other in almost five years.

Here is the original print for you guys to compare, the finished print is on Dixon's web site, go check it out!

url]

Great looking pic. It sucks that guys with real talent are being phased out by no talent designers that know how to tweak a pic using Photoshop filters.

Those rocks on the railroad bed must have taken forever to draw! Awesome job.

Beats my finger paintings!! Thats some fine talent you got there dix. Have you ever thought about being a boat Captain? Just kidding

Hey every one thanks so much for the comments, the feed back relay helps I will keep posting new Military in the next few month. And a big thanks to Hogstooth for letting me use hes photo to create this drawing.

someone has talent
to say the least
very nice job

nicely done. i dig your choice of contrast placement. looks like you might have found your niche. keep it up!

what kind of material did you use ? as in the colors ? and pencil or pen ?

The print size is 36x18 on heavy wight coated paper. I draw using a tablet on the computer I do not use filters to do this. My web site has a how its done page you can see a step by step of a drawing being done. dixonart.com I hope this helps. and thanks for all the comments. I will try to answerer them as soon as possible.

Thanks

@Bill, you are very talented artist. Thank you for sharing!

@Hogstooth, your teammate is going to love it!!

Wow,
I would be proud to put something like that on my wall.

Hey every one I have been off the grid so to speak, sorry I did not get back to you. I am now back up and running. My site is down right now and I am trying to get it back up and running. I do have a few of these prints left.

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: two man attack</div><div class="ubbcode-body">looks like a photograph! wow. was it drawn from looking at photo or was this your own idea?</div></div>
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hogstooth</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dixon did an awesome job, the above is a picture I requested him to do for me and my team mate from when we were in Iraq. He is coming to see me in May and I wanted to be able to give him something, we haven't seen each other in almost five years.

Here is the original print for you guys to compare, the finished print is on Dixon's web site, go check it out!

url]
</div></div>

What medium is this piece in? It looks like it was done in photoshop with the cut out tool because it is so precise. Don't get me wrong, it's really nice, I'm just wondering if you used acrylic, oil, artist markers, pencils, pastels etc. or if it was does in photoshop. The only reason I'm wondering is because the edges seem..."blobby," but they're going to be covered up anyways by the matte and frame. Nice work from a fellow artist.

Badass, makes my stick figures look well, like shit
Nice stuff mate

Very nice artwork.

Wouldn't that be a foolish position to take a shot from? Seems it would silouhette one's shape to me. Wouldn't a knot sticking up above a long flat horizontal line be attractive to the enemy eye?

Nate

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very nice artwork.

Wouldn't that be a foolish position to take a shot from? Seems it would silouhette one's shape to me. Wouldn't a knot sticking up above a long flat horizontal line be attractive to the enemy eye?

Nate </div></div>

Probably depends on a lot of factors. For example there might be a rubble pile in a mound behind them concealing their outline. Or maybe the only other hide is in the middle of the desert with the only cover and concealment being behind a sand flea. Also, a return bullet is going to have one hell of a time going through those tracks if they are compromised. Tons of different reasons to be there.

To the OP. BADASS picture bro. I'd definitely hang that in my house.

Hey thanks for the comments I do have a few prints left. let me if you would like one. I also donate 50% of the sale to the wounded warrior project.

I am also looking for more military photos to do more drawings of if you have a photo you think mite make a good drawing email me at [email protected]