• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes A new Leupold mark 6 TMR or a used premier 3-15 or a used USO 3.2-17?

K_4c

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Oct 13, 2008
    Nebraska
    I'll be purchasing some new glass for a .260 rem comp rifle. Of the three listed scopes, which do you prefer and why? I'm leaning towards the Leupold MK6 but I'm not in love with the reticle choices in the $2200 range.

I've always ran NF's but I thought I would try something new with this build....

If I'm paying more than $2500, I'll save a little more for a 5-25 USO or S&B

The TMR is an excellent reticle. You should look at the premier light tactical. More similar in price and features to the mark 6. I would not buy a USO in my opinion from the one model I've seen. Nothing against them I would just choose another brand for that kind if money. The mark 6 is a sweet little scope. If you have a military discount the mark 6 is the no brained here IMO.

I too started with NF scopes, sold two NF scopes to get one Premier, better glass. Have two Premier 5-25's now (bought them used), very happy with the scopes. Have looked through other Premiers all look great.

Looked through two different MK6's, one looked great the other had a chroma problem, red halo around target edges. Not impressed that Leupold let that scope out their door.

Last edited:
    Nightforce F1, honestly in my opinion. Can't beat it for the price. It Is a battle proven scope that's got a hell of a track record.

Scott at Liberty Optics has the Mark 6 listed in the optics for sale section for $1749. I like the 3-18 in a compact scope and wish it was SFP...

I was always pleased with my USO 3.2-17's, I have had three now. I ended up with a Schmidt but my USO's were all rock solid.

I've decided to save up for a USO 5x25 with Gen II xr... or if luck has it, a S&B 3-20....

thanks for all of your insight guys.