• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A plea to Accuracy International...make a ATMC please!

jlficken

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 4, 2006
Aurora, NE
I will never be able to justify spending $4K+ over the cost of my AT to shoot 338LM a few times a year and I don't need the features of the AX chassis.

If you make a ATMC for around $6K I will buy one when they are available.

I love AI and don't want to buy a SRS or MRAD so please make the ATMC :cool:

I would take the ATMC with the AX right folding stock though and would pay some extra for that option.

Last edited:
Apparently I am the only one that wants a ATMC :(

I just have no use for the handguard on the AXMC and the ATMC should be substantially cheaper. I may just have to resort to a Savage (shudder) or something.

MileHigh liquidated a bunch of .338 pre-2014 AX's for around 4K a few years back. About a month after I paid 5K for a used AW338. Don't recall exact price, but it was a great deal.

Nah, you're not the only one... but as much as I truly love the AI action, it's worth considering using the AICS/AT in a long action config...

I'm pretty sure most folks wouldn't mind any kind of AT with the buttstock section of the AX, short or long action. More classic look up front with all the business out back.

I could honestly skip the AX butt-stock section if that meant they would make the ATMC as a big brother to the AT just as it is.

I just know I will never buy the AXMC as I don't want the tubular forend and I really don't want to pay that much $$ for something I don't want.

I have been looking and looking for a switch barrel rifle that I will like as much as my AT (which I would have to sell) to allow me to shoot 338 and 308 but I can't find anything that I really like all that much. The AXMC would work but I just don't see the almost $2K in value over what the ATMC should be approximately.

The nearest I can find in the MRAD but I really like AI and would regret selling the AT. Keeping both isn't an option sadly nor do I really want a dedicated magnum rifle since I would only be using it a few times a year.

The ATMC would be my perfect rifle in only AI would build it.

Last edited:
I've asked Tom Irwin for the same a while back.

Won't be happening - it'll bite into their AXMC sales.

I would really rather have a long - action AT.

Dont really care if it is an MC. A plain long action AT would be fine. AX buttstock as an option would be icing on the cake.

I've asked Tom Irwin for the same a while back.

Won't be happening - it'll bite into their AXMC sales.

I would really rather have a long - action AT.

That sucks and I hope they change their mind.

I understand where Tom is coming from, however, in my case it will mean that I will probably wind up selling my AT and buying a MRAD, SRSA1, or Tubb rifle and leaving the AI family completely.

I just can't justify having multiple $4000+ rifles around (plus optics) when I can buy one to do both for $5000. It may not be an AI but I will live with it and save money since I don't want the AXMC either.

Orkan said he would ship me a SRS A1 to get behind so I may wind up just taking him up on his offer to see if its ergonomics work for me when the time comes.

ETA: It also looks like the Cadex Defense Kraken is an option too and it is $1400 less than the AXMC.

Last edited:
I'd try the SRS as it's still cheaper than the cadex and axmc. It also has a broader range of caliber selection. Anything from .223 to .338. I think if you take the time to practice with an open mind to the ergonomics of it, you can quickly adapt to the SRS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dont really care if it is an MC. A plain long action AT would be fine. AX buttstock as an option would be icing on the cake.

This what I want...On a past thread, not too long ago, Tom Irwin said that AI was open to providing a retrofit Kit that would provide AT owners with the AX buttstock. He said he would be getting back to us with the cost and details after his vacation (May time-frame). He said it would be expensive. We know that. The upgrade would have to be done by Mile High or another authorized service center.

I have seen nothing from Tom...too bad as there is no way I would spend over $3K more for the AXMC. All I want is a LH AX buttstock or a long action in the AT skin or both

I have seen nothing from Tom...too bad as there is no way I would spend over $3K more for the AXMC. All I want is a LH AX buttstock or a long action in the AT skin or both

That thread looked pretty dead. Like I said, I'd love an AT with the AX butstock, but the RH folding to capture the bolt is quite nice IMO. Given it would probably cost as much as the AX I don't see it being a viable option for anyone outside of fanatics.

May I ask though, why the preference for LH folding?

My apologies for being confusing. I shoot LH so my AT is a left hand bolt. My buttstock folds to the right as it is. What I was asking for is a LH version of the AX buttstock which should be a no brainer as they produce a LH AXMC. I don't really care about which way it folds.

You may be right about the cost...at the very least, I would like to see them follow through with a kit / labor price. If it is too high, they don't have to offer it. They are a really bizarre company when it comes to honoring statements made but I wouldn't shoot any other rifle

I am giving serious consideration to the SRS A1 right now. I am just concerned about a few things like the magazine recoiling into my hand with the 338LM.

I just hate selling/trading guns as it is a pain plus I have 15 magazines for my AT right now of which 13 are brand new.

My apologies for being confusing. I shoot LH so my AT is a left hand bolt. My buttstock folds to the right as it is. What I was asking for is a LH version of the AX buttstock which should be a no brainer as they produce a LH AXMC. I don't really care about which way it folds.

Got it, my mistake. Forgot there were wrong-handed people out there. ;)

You'll regret selling your AI for a SRS.

Instead of wishing they made an ATMC for $6K, why not just sell your AT and buy an AXMC in 338 and the conversion stuff? You still won't have nearly as much tied up into it as you would having two AT's and all your extra AW mags will work just fine in the AXMC with SA stuff. You should give Euro Optic a call and price everything out.

I am thinking your are correct about regretting selling the AT for the SRS.

I just really don't care for the AX style rifle all that much so I will probably wind up just keeping the AT and buying a 260 Rem barrel for it to try at some point if I need more than the 308 can offer.

If AI decides to offer a ATMC I would buy it though but I doubt I will ever buy the AXMC.

I'm not sure what type of shooting you do but the AX has an amazing feature set. I had a 2012 AX, then bought an AT when they were first announced, then picked up a 2014 AX once they were available and ended up selling the two others. I know it's significantly more money than the AT but its worth it. The forend design for shooting off barricades and other unconventional supports is phenomenal. The ability to quickly adjust the LOP and buttpad cant also comes in very handy from time to time. The AT is a fantastic rifle for its price but if you have the financial means to afford the AI gear, which you obviously do, I'd bet you'd order an AX if you got to spend some time with one.

The AT is in my price range but the AXMC is basically double that cost which is a hard pill for me to swallow. I would have to sell some things to get it which while possible I would have to think about how much I really need the ability to shoot long action calibers first.

If I could eek out the mile shots a couple of times a year with my friends (I don't compete at this time) then it would be hard for me to financially justify having a $10K rifle if I can get by with about $5K in the AT with 308Win and 260Rem barrels.

We will see what happens. If I could find a good deal on the AXMC I would probably jump on it though but I doubt that will happen. I don't hate the AXMC I just don't really need the functionality that the forend offers and would rather save some money at the same time.

You are probably right that I would order the AXMC though if I got to shoot one. This is one ocassion where living in the middle of nowhere Nebraska pays off as I had to order my AE MKIII and AT without ever seeing them in person. I was comfortable (ish) doing that with $4K but not with over $8K LOL.

I've had a AT and currently have a AX and I can honestly say that if I could only have one of my rifles it would be the SRS. I personally think fit and finish of the AI's is better but overall usability has to go to the SRS. Great for shooting out of the cab of a pickup, throwing in a back pack, and a better host for a suppressor IMO.

tomirwin

Is there truly no hope for this to happen? I would order the ATMC for around $6K today but I doubt I will ever buy the AXMC as I just don't need the AX chassis for anything.

tomirwin

Is there truly no hope for this to happen? I would order the ATMC for around $6K today but I doubt I will ever buy the AXMC as I just don't need the AX chassis for anything.

Dude, no way. They can't offer a convertible long action for less than their top-tier short action...it would eat sales of both the standalone AX and AXMC. They'd be stupid to offer a product like that.

Well, they are eating into their sales right now to as I am going to wind up buying a TRG-42 or MRAD as I won't be buying the AXMC.

Those that want the AXMC will still buy the AXMC while those that don't want the AX chassis could buy the ATMC rather than going with another brand.