• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A Proud Father.

Sam_1

Private
Minuteman
Sep 4, 2020
Eastern NC
I cant be more proud of my 3 and a half year old daughter.

I work nights and its not out of the ordinary to get a phone call from my wife around 9 or 10 saying good night... This call was different. I picked up and barely heard my wife say the words "I cant move"... my daughter was in the back ground screaming "daddy! mommy wont get up!".

My wife was doing the laundry and somehow hit her elbow hard. With her medical condition, sudden sharp pain can cause her to loose conciseness. She felt like she was going to pass out and tried to make it inside to the couch. Instead she fell head first in the door way coming in the house from the garage. My daughter heard her fall and came to her. My wife doesn't know how long she was out for but remembers waking up to my daughter saying "wake up mommy, you need to get up".

My wife, who is laying in the doorway to the garage unable to move, told my daughter to get the phone. My daughter gave the phone to my wife and she was able to get the call out to me.

At this time I'm racing home, still on the phone with my daughter trying to figure out what in the world is going on. All the time my daughter is going back and forth from taking care of her mom, to her little 3 month old brother who is screaming in the living room. As well as keeping the two dogs ( Rottweiler/lab mix and Great Dane/boxer mix) from running out the garage.

When I got home my wife was hyperventilating, somewhat alert but could not move. I called an Ambulance and we made are way to the ER. The Docs checked her out and no serious head or neck injury. Has a pretty nasty bruise on her arm where she thinks she hit the door when she fell. But she was cleared by the doc to go home.

So finally at 2 a.m. my little hero gets to go to sleep. And when she wakes up she can have all the ice cream she wants.

Little girls are a cut above.

My (then) 5yo called 911 and ran to get the firefighter neighbor after I had a very bad accident that left me unconscious.

She’s 19 now and spending her winter break from college w her grandparents because grandma just had surgery.

We are lucky men to be surrounded by such wonderful women.

Thank you for sharing.

Damn, only story i have is my daughter likes to bite my finger and laughs when she farts....she is only 1 though.

It gets better after a while, but there seems to be some regression back to this stage in the pre-teen years.

• Haha
Reactions: ManUtdManiac
Sam 1 and Devildoc must of did a hell of job raising their daughters if they are pulling off those tasks.

Did you guys go over emergency training with them?

Sam 1 and Devildoc must of did a hell of job raising their daughters if they are pulling off those tasks.

We teach all our children 911, their own name, address and own phone number. We teach them out real names not just mom & dad. They know how to use an epi pen, oranges and an old pen are perfect.

My sister got lost as a kid. In San Francisco. My dad drilled that shit into my head. Figured I’d do the same to me short people.

Back in the 1900’s I remember my dad calling the police to get permission to let me dial “911” for training. Rotary phone. It took forever to get that dial all the way around. I knew it was “practice” but I was so scared. Lady asked me for my name, address, parents names, and the emergency. I was SO proud I knew EVERY answer.

When my daughter was old enough I tried to get authorization to do the same and was treated like I was retarded. I got a play phone and we practiced.

The life you save may be your own, if not, the heart you break may be your daughters.

Teach your kids.

I cant be more proud of my 3 and a half year old daughter.

I work nights and its not out of the ordinary to get a phone call from my wife around 9 or 10 saying good night... This call was different. I picked up and barely heard my wife say the words "I cant move"... my daughter was in the back ground screaming "daddy! mommy wont get up!".

My wife was doing the laundry and somehow hit her elbow hard. With her medical condition, sudden sharp pain can cause her to loose conciseness. She felt like she was going to pass out and tried to make it inside to the couch. Instead she fell head first in the door way coming in the house from the garage. My daughter heard her fall and came to her. My wife doesn't know how long she was out for but remembers waking up to my daughter saying "wake up mommy, you need to get up".

My wife, who is laying in the doorway to the garage unable to move, told my daughter to get the phone. My daughter gave the phone to my wife and she was able to get the call out to me.

At this time I'm racing home, still on the phone with my daughter trying to figure out what in the world is going on. All the time my daughter is going back and forth from taking care of her mom, to her little 3 month old brother who is screaming in the living room. As well as keeping the two dogs ( Rottweiler/lab mix and Great Dane/boxer mix) from running out the garage.

When I got home my wife was hyperventilating, somewhat alert but could not move. I called an Ambulance and we made are way to the ER. The Docs checked her out and no serious head or neck injury. Has a pretty nasty bruise on her arm where she thinks she hit the door when she fell. But she was cleared by the doc to go home.

So finally at 2 a.m. my little hero gets to go to sleep. And when she wakes up she can have all the ice cream she wants.
Solid kid. Well done Dad.

We teach all our children 911, their own name, address and own phone number. We teach them out real names not just mom & dad. They know how to use an epi pen, oranges and an old pen are perfect.

My sister got lost as a kid. In San Francisco. My dad drilled that shit into my head. Figured I’d do the same to me short people.

Back in the 1900’s I remember my dad calling the police to get permission to let me dial “911” for training. Rotary phone. It took forever to get that dial all the way around. I knew it was “practice” but I was so scared. Lady asked me for my name, address, parents names, and the emergency. I was SO proud I knew EVERY answer.

When my daughter was old enough I tried to get authorization to do the same and was treated like I was retarded. I got a play phone and we practiced.

The life you save may be your own, if not, the heart you break may be your daughters.

Teach your kids.

Did all that, haven't taught him the epi pen one as we don't have any allergies but thats a good idea.

[/QUOTE]

Just basic stuff. where the phone is, stay calm, talk loud and clear. to be honest I spent more time showing her how to take care of her little brother. when he was born I spent a lot of time showing her how hold him, feed him, and change him. At first I did it because I didn't want her to feel left out or that we were paying more attention to him. We will sit next to her while she feeds him. it lets her get involved and helps my wife and I out as well.

Nice work kiddo!!!!

That stinks. Rough stuff and glad all is well.

Some of the stuff we have to go over seems crazy.
Sheltering them from it does nothing but create issues if an emergency arrises though.

And good job to mom and dad for teaching your kiddo.

My 5 year old son is starting his teenage attitude already.....I thought I had longer.

Shit my 2 year old son already has an attitude lol. Those teenage years are going to be fun...

Good on you OP for raising your kid right. Sounds like she earned her treat.