• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing A Real Gunsmith Question

SSC

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
What music do you listen to while chambering???

I have gone the gambit and keep coming to the conclusion that Classic Country is what I want to listen but it is just too mellow and feel like I should be just hanging out. Now I listen to some stuff that is hard enough to keep the attitude of "Heck yeah I'm building guns!!" but not so crazy that when customers stop by they aren't freaked out.

straight hate, coffee pounding, cat killing shit that makes the chips curl in fear coming off my lathe

Tool, Monster Magnet, Pearl Jam, and SRV. Varies on my mood.

Monster Magnet is my current favorite:

"I'm never gonna work another day in my life, the gods told me to relax, they said I'm gonna get fixed up right."

Lamb of God, Slayer, Hatebreed, Pantera...music like that is on in the shop all day, everyday. I told one of the older guys who loves to complain about it that we call it "anti-personnel music" to keep all their asses out of the shop so we can work.

A Real Gunsmith Question

G.B.H: City Baby Attacked by Rats

Which is why I am not a gunsmith.

Newer "country" (Luke Bryan, Jason Adlean. ect.) when customers are around or I'm feelin lazy, Five Finger death Punch when I really wanna get work done.

Flyleaf just seems to keep coming up on pandora.

That's funny, im sitting in the shop and flyleaf came on right when I read that post.

Typically I listen to five finger death punch, tool, slipknot. any thing to keep people out of the shop!

Molly Hatchet Flirt'n with Disaster!

And Nugent, ACDC, Pink Floyd, Journey, Led Zepplin, etc.

Yes I agree with 300sniper Enya is Great!!

But mostly I listen to Opera the only real music there is!!

Klingon opera when I can get it,LOL, Tchaikovsky, Chopan, Mozart, & Vivaldi when the player is on. Also Dueling Banjo's, Flatt & Skruggs, Good old American folk music. You can keep all that head-banging, acid dropping, mega death-hate crap out of my shop. Never cared for it, never will. To me, if a customer steps in your shop and hears the puking pumkins spewing forth their "Music", that reeks of unprofessionalism. JMO

When it is just me in the shop: Real metal (Pantera, old Metallica, that general era of metal) or classic rock (The Stones, The Doors, you get the idea). Amazing and beautiful things happen on my lathe. I think I will be borrowing the term "anti-personnel music". Thanks!

When the boss is in: New "country". I am hardcore and can muddle through most things in life, just less enthusiasm. Thank god its not RAP.

I spun up a 6.5x47 last weekend with Akercocke, Samael and Disavowed on rotation. Indicating was different, a bit too much on the aggressive atmosphere. Think I'll try some Patsy Cline next time.

Klingon opera when I can get it,LOL, Tchaikovsky, Chopan, Mozart, & Vivaldi when the player is on. Also Dueling Banjo's, Flatt & Skruggs, Good old American folk music. You can keep all that head-banging, acid dropping, mega death-hate crap out of my shop. Never cared for it, never will. To me, if a customer steps in your shop and hears the puking pumkins spewing forth their "Music", that reeks of unprofessionalism. JMO

i am delightfully tacky and unrefined....

A Real Gunsmith Question

The Gun a Club: Miami.

Featuring Debbie Harry as a real singer, albeit a backup.

Last edited:
When I watched the interrogation scene in zero dark thirty my first thought was that if they would switch to Christmas music they could break the terrorist faster.

I am not a real gunsmith, only an amateur.
I have only cut threads and chambers on 27 rifles, all for myself.
I listen to Rush Limbaugh.

But I have watched my brother chamber rifles, and he was listening to the Ventures.

A Real Gunsmith Question

When I watched the interrogation scene in zero dark thirty my first thought was that if they would switch to Christmas music they could break the terrorist faster.
Don't laugh: a use may finally exist for Christian radio.?

You are 100% correct. Goatman !

Bieber: Oh Baby Baby Baby
Miley: Wrecking Ball

A few others but honestly I dont get much built because I find myself consistantly taking breaks to dance......uuuhhhhh I mean... yeah SUB SUB MOA

P.S.

Clearly I'm not a gunsmith. Tool, Godsmack, "HEAD" some old Metallica are all good...

When the boss is in: New "country". I am hardcore and can muddle through most things in life, just less enthusiasm.

See if you can put in some Drive-By Truckers or '90s "alt country" (Uncle Tupelo, Son Volt, Wilco, et al) as a compromise. Cracker will do, too.

While the machines are running, it's tough to go wrong with the Pandora stations for The Clash, The Rolling Stones and Talking Heads.

Try some Umpherres McGee or phish, Steve Vai, Joe Bonomasso if you want to start a project and finish it during one track.

Lamb of God, Slayer, Hatebreed, Pantera...music like that is on in the shop all day, everyday. I told one of the older guys who loves to complain about it that we call it "anti-personnel music" to keep all their asses out of the shop so we can work.

This is how i used to get people to stay away from the arms room and not try to hang out all day. But i used classic oldies and eighties crap as the weapon of choice. Nothing says go away and leave me alone like ABBA or Bobby Darren.

I like me some village people, simon and Garfunkel , Celine Dion , Brittany spears, maybe a little vanilla ice. .......
Yaaaaaaa...........YMCA..... gets me going !!

Last edited: