• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

A rifle everyone needs

Was speaking about Gunwerks recently and “a fool is born everyday” was said.

they make a living on showing guys how to shoot that have much larger pockets then brains. Their rifle systems are great but no way and hell I would ever look at one.

big game hunters go shoot a few hundred yards and buy a $15k “system”.

Good on them for taking money hand over fist from people and customers willing to pay it. That says something but I’ll keep having my shade tree buddy spinning barrels up for me on a China lathe. Hahaha

I actually think that it's pretty sweet. I can't justify buying a Ford GT either, but I certainly appreciate it for what it is.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
The owner of that place is a great business man and employs a pretty good number of gun lovers like ourselves. $15k sounds like a bunch of money but it’s not. Especially when you put things into context. I have over $4k in a defiance with a prefit and tt diamond dropped into a whiskey 3 folder with enclosed forend. Then another $2.5k in a Leupold Mark 5 that sits on it. That’s $6.5k in a entry to low mid level custom that I built. Otherwise it would have been more. Nobody was there to teach me anything. I attended the school of hard knocks and military training. The price of tuition at those institutions of learning could cost one everything including their life.
Even if you don’t like them it’s not good to bash them. It can easily cost them business and that can cost someone like us their job. Live and let live. Just saying

I love these custom high dollar rifle companies. They push the boundaries and it trickles down to the more affordable rifles. Just look at the features available on factory rifles compared to ten years ago.

when I first started as a sniper the options were basically a REM 700 customized or an AI. Now we have custom actions and barrels and companies like Area 419.

I have a tuned Howa with a custom barrel in a Bravo stock in 6.5 Creedmoor that I am sure outshoots that AI in 308 I was issued once upon a time. I am just getting into 22lr and I love that I can get a Bergara action and put it into a Bravo stock and it almost feels just like my 6.5. Now that’s not quite a $15000 dollar rifle but its quite a 22. Companies like the above that make it possible

These high dollar custom companies push the boundaries and it benefits all of us.

Reactions: Frgood
I don't think the price is unreasonable.
A high end gun like this will set you back $4500
Add another $3500 for that scope and mount.
Then add another $1000 for accessories
Then add the ammo

You're already in the asking price zone.

But all this is a mute point as the rifle is currently out of stock.

I dont see what the big deal is . If shooting is your passion then buy the best you can afford and don't begrudge others if their budget is more than your own . I have friends who have 100 grand tied up in a bass boat and truck to pull it , Me I am happy with my fishing kayak .

Reactions: Defender32
Speaking of times changing, I looked up that scope. Wow. I can remember when the mil dot master was state of the art. It amazes me. One of the things I love about rifles is no matter how good barrels and actions get or how clear or technical scopes and ballistic computers get, a steady hold, good trigger-control and mystical voodoo wind reading skills still rule the day. From Daniel Boone to this years PRS champion, a good rifleman is still a good rifleman.

One of the things I love about rifles is no matter how good barrels and actions get or how clear or technical scopes and ballistic computers get, a steady hold, good trigger-control and mystical voodoo wind reading skills still rule the day. From Daniel Boone to this years PRS champion, a good rifleman is still a good rifleman.

That's true, but a solid command of physics and good engineering/manufacturing certainly don't hurt, either...

I'd venture to say that the best, are still those of us that were taught to use our tools early, and often. You just can't substitute time, for any other single factor. Not only how much time putting rounds down the tube, but also the age at which the foundation was laid. If you want to be great at basketball, you don't start playing when you're 33... ;)

I have very little doubt in my mind, that the best riflemen of any given era, always favored the best rifles available to them. Unless they were some kind of savant. You'd have to be a dope to not want to push your talent to the highest possible level.

Some people get very worked up by how other people spend money. Others don't understand the impact that the law of diminishing returns has on premium goods.

Way outta my league but I still enjoy learning about fun toys. (y)