• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses A Sigalicious Day....

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    Darkness.....

image.jpg

Warm but rain is in the air. Today I'll use the battle belt and suspenders over rain gear instead of a tight velcro duty belt set up.

Coffee brewing soon.....

image.jpg

Cooler packed...

image.jpg

Best of days going to a class.

Last edited:
    Reactions: 260284
    PA179970[1].JPG

Todays class...

Always humbling at a class....

Seeing an instructor make a function drill look so easy......fucking up same looking like you have three left hands......doing shit you dont usually do and thinking "if they would just let me do it my way (static) Id make those hits easy"

The dynamic classes, Carbine/Pistol, make the Scoped Rifle classes I take up there seem like retirement classes for old farts.

Give the instructors a lot of credit having to do the drills with 9 students eyeballing them expecting the perfection none of the 9 can produce. even when the instructor cant be 100 percent kudos to them for getting out there and putting their cred on the line.

As always some good shooters in class.

LPVO seems to be the winning optic choice.

EOTechs and various RDS well represented but when it comes to making that head shot at 25 yards the LPVO mag would be a nice comforting binky.

Learn way more about my eyes doing this than on my annual optometrist visit.

Reactions: frost1235
    Most of the weather was conducive to this...

PA189971[1].JPG
    PA189972[1].JPG

Lots of rain and Sig graciously put down a fresh graded sand surface for us to roll around in.

The sand was a great addition to the training. There were a few debris induced malfunctions experienced by shooters.

I tell you what that budget M&P I had ran great though. Had one light strike/bad primer, and perhaps two stove pipes probably operator induced, over about 800 rounds.

Mid day brought sun. We drove away in the clear...
    PA189973[1].JPG

Got to shoot around cars, through a house feature, movement with cover fire/communication, target ID and fire......good stuff! Stuff Id never force myself to do or have the props to do so.

Two months to the next class.

I really should take the time to attend classes there as I only live 20min away.

Awesome write up! What’s up next?

Late December...Pistol 103.

I generally do the Scoped Rifle classes and few Carbine/Pistol classes.

I am coming to the realization the precision rifle classes are "sedentary" compared to the physicality of the pistol and especially the carbine classes.

One regret about this class, and I had the perfect opening to do something I want to try - I didnt try to do the house prop wearing a plate carrier.

The instructor made the comment "You should see the mil/leo guys trying to do this problem with their vests on"

I should have said "Well let me give you an example of that hardship" and asked to break out my vest.

Didnt want to be "that guy" that slows down the 8 other classmates from moving on to something else while they watch me learn that the location of a pouch or first aid kit means I cant negotiate a low loop hole shot that I could do in my birthday suit.

Now that I know what the obstacle entails I will ask to do so in my next carbine class.

After December........looking to meeet "My New Best Friend" in a Scoped Rifle Skill Builder class in May :).

Reactions: USMC22
    I really should take the time to attend classes there as I only live 20min away.

Its worth it.

The cost isn't cheap but I feel it is good value.

Thing that sucks right now is the added ammo cost.

I generally use factory ammo in formal classes and I will buy shit on sale with the intent of saving it for a class.

The M193 I used in this class was a Black Friday special deal from last year.

Classmates in this class were happy to be able to even get access to Sig Ammo. I didn't check the cost of the 5.56 they were shooting but I heard the comment the 9mm was .53/round.

At the Pro Shop there is a 2 box limit for ammo.

In the class students can use as much ammo as they need. Everyone that wanted Sig Ammo was provided a case to start. I'm pretty sure that students were taking the opportunity to exceed the two box limit and stuffing some ammo in their vehicles for the ride home - just happy to be able to access ammo in lean times.

I should have took advantage but I couldn't fight my cheapness and optimism that ammo prices will be coming down soon.

My wife was scheduled for Shotgun I class last June, but due to work requirements caused by the 'Rona, she canceled her seat. I would like to get her out there for shotgun and pistol and I would like to stretch out on a precision rifle course.

My wife was scheduled for Shotgun I class last June, but due to work requirements caused by the 'Rona, she canceled her seat. I would like to get her out there for shotgun and pistol and I would like to stretch out on a precision rifle course.

Heard some peeps talking about Defensive Shotgun class.........be prepared for the pain.....apparently they did a lot of shooting.

Precision Rifle classes are a good day of fun.

Heard some peeps talking about Defensive Shotgun class.........be prepared for the pain.....apparently they did a lot of shooting.

Based on Sig's round count for that class, that was a fear of mine. I wasn't sure if they would use 20ga for the small-framed folks. Maybe I'll stick to Defensive Pistol for her.

Reactions: pmclaine
    Sounds great, may have to look in to taking some other classes to speed up the pace a bit

Just signed up for "Mid Range Carbine" on 7 August 2021.........Good way to remember the Marines landing on Guadalcanal in 1942. 10% off ($25) with my discount code from the last class.

AR from 300 yards and in.

Ill use my personal gun, an LMT with a TA33 ACOG.

The 3X of the ACOG will help. The TA33 has pretty good eye relief compared to other ACOGS so quick target location should be okay. Found out last weekend even with the red dot my prescription lenses need to be worn if I want good target ID so my biggest bitch about the ACOG is now null and void - have to face facts BCGs are a fact of my life.

Reactions: USMC22